"Man. . .Totally Calm During Attack"

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Globe and stale is a Toronto daily. One of the other 2 competing newspapers in Toronto sported the two word headline "BUS BEHEADING".

?

da.gee

Enlightened
This is so shocking to me. It was on CNN web site. I'd sure like to know some additional details. WHo was the attacker and what was his motive? Could just be a mentally disturbed freak. Man, too strange.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll become clear when his image is released to the Public.
Huh? So you're suggesting that the US media downplayed the story because the perp is Asian? (or short? or has a buzz cut?...)

And that means that the US media is biased (for? against?) Asians how?

No offense, but am I missing something?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's got more to do with american media doesn't care about anything going on outside u.s. than that.

Empath

Flashaholic
There are some posts that have been removed. Rather than shut the thread down for becoming an ethnic commentary or political discussion, we've removed the posts pushing it in that direction.

This news event is significant. Let's try to keep it relevant to the actual story.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's got more to do with american media doesn't care about anything going on outside u.s. than that.

+1, although in this case I would say it's apparently not a story that has major international implications. It's just one tragic, shocking, brutal,and appalling event. It has gotten almost as much play as the recent capture of Radovan Karadzic. Not sure if that's more an indictment of the American media or the American populace though.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
IMO, this guy is severely mentally ill. He was acting as if he was living in a movie rather than real life. How does a guy like that slip through life unnoticed until he does something like this?
:shakehead

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There are some posts that have been removed....

This news event is significant. Let's try to keep it relevant to the actual story.

Sorry that you found my earlier posts to be "inappropriate."

Okay, relevant to the topic.... Did the police mention what type of knife the EDP used?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing other than what another passenger described as "big rambo hunting knife"

I hope this doesn't bring all the anti-knife fanatics out of their holes... :(

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nothing other than what another passenger described as "big rambo hunting knife"

I hope this doesn't bring all the anti-knife fanatics out of their holes... :(

This likely will.... with that type of description. Knowing what's commonly used in the real world in most knife attacks, I'm willing to bet it was more along the lines of a large Butcher's knife. Something commonly available and that everyone has in their kitchen.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is, it's backed by statistics in fact, that's why doctors in u.k are recommanding banning pointy kitchen knives. :duh2:

"Of course criminals could make them pointy again, but that would be illegal!", this is an actual quote from a u.k. news piece, wel duh, so is stabbing people to begin with...

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just another looney toon. Doesn't matter if it was a knife, a car, a gun, poison, or a shove down the stairs.