Rookie 101 want's to know.........again

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
:cool:Hi all and I am about to go nuts after all the input I have got,
From you all :shakehead

To cool all that you all have given me :grin2:

I do alot of other thing's in life BUT this forum is so cool;)

wow

Ok here goes

I want to have a light that use's aa batts

why?

because the company buy's them.....:crackup:

and what I have found is to much for me to buy......so with a little help from

all of you ,narrow it down for me please...

I have the led 3 watt mag from home depot and it's great to me life span is about 3 week's of lighting on and off for a min or two ,maybe 15 times a day

I cant find the lumes on this LIGHT....:shakehead

What run's ??????? on aa batts............for 10 hrs at say 80 lumes and above??The g2 will on 123 batts led,

I WILL search no more .............

If you can TELL me! I will buy it . !00 buck's or less please

80 lumes or more aa batt's led or what ever.....for at least 6 hrs' or more .

Help me .................This is just for work to look into machines as they work etc.

to find out problems that may be or not.

Injection molding machines......

And I use the light only for looking at what could be an issue with the machine...........:wave:

Thanks but I really can't do it with out you folk's :wave:

Really................................:thinking:

The Fenix L2D-CE is pretty much the consensus pick in this category, and it is clearly one of the most respected lights on the forum.
The Romisen RC-N3 is also a no brainer if you are looking for a single mode light. And, just like CLHC said the Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon is one of Streamlight's best lights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Minimag "3W" runs for around 2-3 hour to 50% depending on which one you have, 2 AA or 3AA. In this case, the 2 AA has 3 something hour runtime to 50% and goes completely off not long after. The 2AA is around 35-40 lumen and the 3 AA is around 55 lumen.

The Fenix L2D-CE Q5 or L2T V2.0 both should be good. The L2D on high with Lithium AA batteries can run at over 80 lumen at 6 hour regulated runtime(the G2L is regulated for around 3 hours and the later 7 hour is at usable light, which is dow to 1 lumen according to Surefire). Alkalines give a bit over 1.5 hour.

The RC-N3 runs for 3 something hours on good NiMh rechargeables.

Alkalines are not that good at powering high power LED lights but for your task, but for your task, the Olight T25 might be a good choice(it remembers the last mode you were using).

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rookie101, I highly recommend the Fenix L2D for what you seek (as others here have said).

I also wanted to make sure that you understand that the SF G2L will NOT run for 10 hrs. @ 80 lmns.. At best, it will run for a "few" moments @ approx. 75-80 lmns. and then drop to about 55-60 lmns. for approx. 2 1/2 to 3 hrs., then begin "dropping" well below 50 lmns. for the next 8 - 9 hrs.. The SF rating of 80 lmns for 12 hrs. is FALSE (or VERY misleading, at best).

If you want a 123 batt. "drop in" that will last a while, say at 60 lmns. or so, may I suggest the Malkoff M60LL in the G2 that will run for approx. 8 hrs. (@ full output), before the "drop" in output begins. The link below wil take you to the M60LL, if you are intersted.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop2...s_id=9&zenid=duvg76eut6l6p02anl39tpncus8ami7s

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
Rookie101, I highly recommend the Fenix L2D for what you seek (as others here have said).

I also wanted to make sure that you understand that the SF G2L will NOT run for 10 hrs. @ 80 lmns.. At best, it will run for a "few" moments @ approx. 75-80 lmns. and then drop to about 55-60 lmns. for approx. 2 1/2 to 3 hrs., then begin "dropping" well below 50 lmns. for the next 8 - 9 hrs.. The SF rating of 80 lmns for 12 hrs. is FALSE (or VERY misleading, at best).

If you want a 123 batt. "drop in" that will last a while, say at 60 lmns. or so, may I suggest the Malkoff M60LL in the G2 that will run for approx. 8 hrs. (@ full output), before the "drop" in output begins. The link below wil take you to the M60LL, if you are intersted.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop2...s_id=9&zenid=duvg76eut6l6p02anl39tpncus8ami7s

My .02 FWIW YMMV

:wave: Hi And I wanted to say that I think you and the other's are RIGHT !

This Fenix L2D Is the one to get ............

And I owe it all to you and the other's.........

You folks seem to stick together on what's right , and I like that !

The other suggestions are cool, and very nice on the homework .

I belive that this is the best one for me.

Thank You, and Thank You all for reading about my problem .

It is now solved.:thumbsup:

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Ok Hi all

and I did buy the Fenix L2D :thumbsup:

So I have the surefire g2, the mag light led aa batt's

BUT THE Fenix L2D Is so cool ty for all your input

all are amazed at the plant on the power beam and of cousre aa batt's.:whistle:

I paid 58.50 from the company got it in about four days

perfect :D

the d- 10 is good as this ??With one a batt ??

New search.......................................

What is the next in line ...aa batt's of course

Better than thisYou guys know the Fenix L2D ok

The next one to buy would be ??????????????

Talk to me ..................................

Thank you all !!

For you time indeed..............:wave:

Doing we are ..with Light :D

:wave: