Surviving....

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
I live in south texas and just got back power, cable, and internet. The hurricane "DOLLY" went through this area last week, some areas came out ok, others not so lucky. I am a firefighter/EMT in the town of La Feria Tx, a father, and a son. Manythings failed during this storm, power, our radio system, our generator, and many other things, but the one thing that did not fail are my SF L2 and SF E2D LED DEFENDER. These two where truely life savers, they saved many a life including my own and familys. Many people who ridiculed me for haveing two flashlights on my belt began depending on me to light the way. 4 days of hard use, 1 set of batteries each. If anything could make me proud to be a flashaholic, THIS WAS IT!

Last edited:

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
that's great that you were able to show those criticizing people what's up. (I hate to say this)but I love when the power goes out so i can use all my lights! but I've never been in a hurricane but I'm sure that's different.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in south texas and just got back power, cable, and internet. The hurricane "DOLLY" went through this area last week, some areas came out ok, others not so lucky. I am a firefighter/EMT in the town of La Feria Tx, a father, and a son. Manythings failed during this storm, power, our radio system, our generator, and many other things, but the one thing that did not fail are my SF L2 and SF E2D LED DEFENDER. These two where truely life savers, they saved many a life including my own and familys. Many people who ridiculed me for haveing two flashlights on my belt began depending on me to light the way. 4 days of hard use, 1 set of batteries each. If anything could make me proud to be a flashaholic, THIS WAS IT!
Glad to hear you made out safely. My sister and her family live on the Texas coast about an hour from Houston. She didn't really get anything from Dolly. I gave her a flashlight about a year ago because I worry about her being put in a similar situation as you have been. Although not a surefire it is far better than what they would have had otherwise.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
that's great that you were able to show those criticizing people what's up. (I hate to say this)but I love when the power goes out so i can use all my lights! but I've never been in a hurricane but I'm sure that's different.

LOL, you have got to be kidding right? I like the creature comforts a little to much. I hate being without internet, tv, electricity, coffee, hot shower, a hot meal etc etc. Power outages serves no purpose other than ruining all the contents in your refrigerator.

You can use your lights on a daily basis when the sun goes down, you don't have to wait for a power outage.

tacticalmedic87, great story mate, glad to hear you've made it through unscaved. Times like that makes your flashlight purchases worth while.