Benchmade 950 RIFT?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these on the way, just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to play around with one yet? I like the blade shape and tip-up carry, and the milled black and white G10 scales look pretty interesting. Of course the axis lock is a favorite of mine too. HERE'S a pic from Knifecenter.

gorn

Enlightened
My son got me one of these for fathers day. It is really impressive. My favorite fixed blade is the BM nimravus, so this style is similar to that. Nice heavy easy to hold folder.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
One heck of a working knife - I am a huge fan of BMs AXIS lock and this knife is tough as nails!

Only complaint is the lack of textured/ribbed area on top of the handle and blade (above the thumb stud) to help your thumb grip. Not sure why they left this out :thinking: - the griptilians have this and I love it... See pic below.

DSC04158.jpg

Enjoy a wonderful knife!!!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it today, looks like a pretty impressive knife for the price. I agree with Bullfrog about the the thumb notches, that would have been a nice touch. Other than that, it's very solid, locks up tight, and feels good in the hand. Size is pretty large, a little larger than the full sized griptillian, but not too big. I like the blade profile a lot, and the black coating looks good with the black/gray G10. The milling on the grips is nicely done, no way this thing is going to slip out of your hand. All-in-all I'm happy with it!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats and enjoy!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You'll have to post some pics!