thoughts on the fenix tk11

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
just wondering what people think of the fenix tk11 as opposed to the tk10. just say whatever you think might help me make a decision on a purchase.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I have no experience whatsoever with the TK10, but i do own and carry on duty a TK11. From my understanding, and the fact that my best friend works at fenixstore there are a couple of differences between the two lights. Firstly, and probably most obvious is the fact that the TK11 is black and lacks the clip that is on the TK11. This may or may not be a big deal for you depending on your mode of carry. I personally carry my TK11 on my duty belt in a modified bianchi streamlight stinger holder. Secondly, the TK 11 allows you to use 18650 rechargeable protected LI-Ion batteries which is a huge plus in my book. One other difference between the two lights is the lack of reverse polarity protection on the 11. There are some circuitry differences in the lights as well, but someone more familiar with the lights internals would have to write about that.

PayBack

Enlightened
I also have never owned a TK10, but I carry my TK11 nearly everywhere. It's not my EDC but it may as well be as I always seem to have it with me. I was surprised it's smaller than most of my other 18650 lights.

It's hard to put my finger on but I like it. Especially as I can swap between 18650s and 123s without hassle. So yes I'd get it, despite the two negatives... 1) no replacement ring for the tactical ring which I never use and 2) the ugly beam. I'm not normally fussy about rings in my beam but the TK11 has a big off centre ring.

Last edited:

PayBack

Enlightened
The dark ring is thicker on one side than the other. Or more accurately the spot is off centre.