Hardwiring P7 emitter

customlight

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone done this? i cant seem to find a single mode driver solution for this emitter. I am going to be running 3x18650's and cant seem to find the right board. Can someone please point me in the right direction; also is hardwiring a no no, what will happen? thanks.

Metatron

Banned
Has anyone done this? i cant seem to find a single mode driver solution for this emitter. I am going to be running 3x18650's and cant seem to find the right board. Can someone please point me in the right direction; also is hardwiring a no no, what will happen? thanks.
if i am not mistaken, the p7 will take 6v tops, so 2x 18650's might cause u some angst.

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
if i am not mistaken, the p7 will take 6v tops, so 2x 18650's might cause u some angst.

Even if you get a P7 with the highest Vf, there is no way it will take more than 4.5V.

As far as a driver, this is the only one I have ever seen with a V in that high:
http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1866

It will take up to 15V so your good there. I assume that you mean in series not parallel for the battery setup. Someone will find a way to jump a wire on that board from one pin to another to remove the modes and set it to "high" at all times.