Pob 35w Hid charging question

Kevenater

Newly Enlightened
Can I charge the POB 35w hid light in my boat while in use? I know some lights wont charge while in use. I HAVE to have one that'll charge while using cause it'll be used alot and for long periods of time while jug fishing for catfish. If it won't do this, then which ones will? Thanks!!!

Kremer

Enlightened
Using the included 12V plug the light can charge while the boat is in use, but not while the light is in use. When you plug the charger into the light it will shut down the light.

However you can do something similar to what I did and add a 12V or other plug to the light, wiring to the battery outside of the charger. Which will allow you to charge the light while operating, run the light off external and internal battery combined, or operate other 12V devices from the battery in the light. I used the 'car charger' double ended 12V cord that came with my 19Ah jumpstarter pack and connected the light and jumpstarter together, it ran for over 5 hours before I got bored and turned it off.

100_8510.jpg

Last edited:

Kevenater

Newly Enlightened
That is a cool mod!!! When you put the cig plug in the back did you just splice it into the wires going to the battery? Give a little more detail please. I DEFINATELY want to be able to power it from the boat battery!!!!! That's a must. I'll be using it for hours and hours, not constant but off and on a good bit. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Kremer

Enlightened
It's spliced in on the outside of the 10A internal fuse, so the outlet has a fuse between it an the battery also (good thing). I just spliced into the black near the battery, and the red on the far side of the fuse from the battery.. All of it was done from the back end of the light in a few minutes, no taking off the tri-wing screws on the front.

This should easily run dusk to dawn with a marine battery on the other end.

Kevenater

Newly Enlightened
ok cool!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the info. when i get my light i'll be rigging that up.