What do you say?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
When you pull out a flashlight and a non flashaholic says why the @%$& do you carry a flashlight what is your response?

Mine are my sig -"its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it"
-"riding the subway in NYC you dont want to be in the dark on a packed train"
-they are a great all around tool.... carry one and see what I mean"

So lets hear them

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I just tell them I always carry one. Sometimes I'll admit to it being a hobby. I've gotten to the age where I really don't care what they think.

Geoff

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a smart*** person so when I pull one out and use it and get asked that I say "oh silly me" and turn it off on 'em :devil:. Get's my point across very nicely, especially when they end up bumping into something:whistle:. (Note, we are 21 year olds and we have fun doing that stuff to each other:touche: :twak:).

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you pull out a flashlight and a non flashaholic says why the @%$& do you carry a flashlight what is your response?

Mine are my sig -"its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it"
-"riding the subway in NYC you dont want to be in the dark on a packed train"
-they are a great all around tool.... carry one and see what I mean"

So lets hear them

Nice sig line.
I never get asked if my light is helping them in some way. Other times I just say it comes in handy and I list some instances.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
lately i have been reverting to saying it can be really fun to play with them. so i whip out one of my many edc lights and show how it works and how to get to the strobe mode or sos or something interesting and they either get bored and drop the subject or are interested and hopefully go out and get a light. :poke:

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I generally don't get people saying anything, other than to say "oh good", because I usually only take out a light when it's actually needed. The comments come when they know you have three lights on you. Then I'm a geek. All I can do is smile and think 'you should see the other stuff I'm carrying!'
:thumbsup:

Nos

Enlightened
Because the spare batteries i carry should make sense. :laughing:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally don't get people saying anything, other than to say "oh good", because I usually only take out a light when it's actually needed.
+1
I don't think anyone has ever noticed me carrying an EDC unless I took it out when needed, people usually appreciate it when I help them. I don't carry huge EDC's like some though.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Because I like to blind curious people!"

(And I turn it on on TURBO mode in theirs eyes!)

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I'm in Japan where everyone it seems carries umbrellas at a hint of rain I usually have this response ready that I pinched from a fellow CPFer.

"If there's a 50% chance of rain today you'd probably carry an umbrella right? Well there's a 100% chance of dark . . .every day."

Thanks to who ever came up with that one in the first place. It translates pretty well. :D

-LT

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the better to see you my dear.

Actually I tell them I am an old fart and a light helps me to see what I really need to know.

Even my wife now agrees with me.