What is the one tool that is missing in the Leatherman Skeletool?

dmz

Enlightened
What is the one tool that is missing in the Leatherman Skeletool? I wish it had the little scissor instead of the bottle cap opener.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
+3 for Scissors. Most any multitool/ SAK is just half-useless without them.

Locomoco

Newly Enlightened
I have to join the chorus, the Skeletool would be better with scissors.

When this thing came out it rapidly became the multi-tool I'd EDC the most. But the lack of scissors sent me back to my Charge.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is fine the way it is, anything more and you might as well get a regular leatherman

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

I remember way back when with Leathermans first PST or "Pocket Survival Tool" there was such a demand for scissors that they finally released the PST2, with scissors!

We need a skeletool 2!!!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I for one think scissors can be more precise, safer and also PEOPLE FRIENDLY. I prefer a scissor while in the city over a blade for the latter.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you need scissors on a KNIFE? Don't knives cut?
Exactly. I can't fathom why people need a tiny little pair of scissors on a tool that already has a knife. I've owned multi-tools with scissors for more than ten years. I've actually used those scissors maybe a dozen times or so. A sharp knife blade always works better for me than a tiny little pair of 1" scissors.

For me, the one thing I wish my Skeletool had was full-sized pliers like even the $25 Kick has. The Skeletool is as big as a standard sized Leatherman tool, why put smaller Juice sized pliers on it? The one thing I could do without is the large clip/bottle opener on my Skeletool. I've never used it, and it unnecessarily adds 20% more length to the tool, as well as extra weight.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
......The one thing I could do without is the large clip/bottle opener on my Skeletool. I've never used it, and it unnecessarily adds 20% more length to the tool, as well as extra weight.

I agree, I was thinking of taking it to a machine shop and have it milled off.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
There would be no point to putting the scissors on the Skeletool. Similar to the bottle opener that is on there now.

If you did you'd A.) Make it bigger or more bulky. Defeats the original purpose and intent of the design. B.) Add an additional feature that is going to be contested anyway. Some want a scissors, some a file, etc. Most can see the point of having the "Big 3" tools only. C.) If one needs scissors that much add a small Victorinox Classic to their keys, small, cheap and unobtrusive.

I like the Skeletool concept and couldn't see the point of adding anything else to it?

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
you mill off the bottle opener and you loose the clip, if you take the length back the screwdriver would stick out and no more lanyard hole, not the big round one any way. If there was a place to store the second bit...:thinking: The thing that bugs me you have to open it to use the screwdriver.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
you mill off the bottle opener and you loose the clip, if you take the length back the screwdriver would stick out and no more lanyard hole, not the big round one any way. If there was a place to store the second bit...:thinking: The thing that bugs me you have to open it to use the screwdriver.
I've thought of that, one solution would be to use a combo bit with a phillips on one end and a standard flat on the other. Leatherman makes a lot of different bits, but I'm not sure they make one like that, should be easy enough to grind one end of a double phillips bit down into a flat tip though. If the prices on the Skeletools ever drops or I can find one used, I may give that a shot. If you would grind/mill off the bottle opener/clip, you could use the screwdriver without opening the tool up.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is perfect for me as is. I keep a micra on my keychain so scissors are covered..

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
the standard flat/philips combo is standard on most of the other leatherman wave, and the pocket knives with a bit holder so I have a couple around.

texasflyfisher

Newly Enlightened
I ordered and am waiting on arrival of a Skeletool using some reward points from my credit card to pay for it. I have an original Wave (love that tool) but I find it too heavy for pocket carry and I don't like carrying a belt sheath.

I also have a Juice that is the right size for pocket EDC but wish it had a clip and locking blade. The Skeletool for me was a compromise as it is relatively light weight and has the minimal implements with a couple of clip options.

If a new version of the Skeletool were to have scissors, I would hope they are like those on my original Wave and not like the pair on my Juice. The Wave scissors are great and very usable. The scissors on my Juice just don't work as well.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
It's missing a USB port and an iPod dock.

There will never be a practical multi tool that will have everything for everyone. By definition they are compromises. Show ppl the most complete multi in the market and they can still point out a couple of things it needs to be ideal.

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I think it would be cool if it had a fully serrated blade on the other side of the tool.(like the charge) I just think it's really useful.