Best (DX) LED torch for off-road bar mounting

herulach

Enlightened
A riding buddy of mine has asked me to reccomend a good bar-mount torch suitable for off-road riding. His helmet setup is the smae as mine (two romisen rc-i3s with the tailcap screwed directly to the head run in parallel off a 3 sub-c NiMh pack).

Basically he's looking for a floody ish front torch, ideally that the main section of the battery tube can be easily removed on as it too will be run on a nimh bottle pack. (theres no need to keep it useable as a torch, so he's planning on aralditing a mount from an old commuter and shorten it as much as possible)

My first reccomendation is either the Romisen Or Aurora 4Cree lamp, which appear to be pretty bright to start with, and are easily modded to be even brighter (wired series with a taskled driver etc).

Does this seem reasonable or is the beam crap? Is one of the P7, perhaps with one of the KD drivers a better bet?

Cheers

Last edited:

grap

Newly Enlightened
A riding buddy of mine has asked me to reccomend a good bar-mount torch suitable for off-road riding. His helmet setup is the smae as mine (two romisen rc-i3s with the tailcap screwed directly to the head run in parallel off a 3 sub-c NiMh pack).

Basically he's looking for a floody ish front torch, ideally that the main section of the battery tube can be easily removed on as it too will be run on a nimh bottle pack. (theres no need to keep it useable as a torch, so he's planning on aralditing a mount from an old commuter and shorten it as much as possible)

My first reccomendation is either the Romisen Or Aurora 4Cree lamp, which appear to be pretty bright to start with, and are easily modded to be even brighter (wired series with a taskled driver etc).

Does this seem reasonable or is the beam crap? Is one of the P7, perhaps with one of the KD drivers a better bet?

Cheers

maybe you can get one from here: http://dx.com/s/Romisen+lamp.html?page=1