Olight New Models!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: What job do you do?

Default Re: Whats your job ?

My job-title: Pharmacy Technician.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Default Re: What job do you do?

48 years old? definitely a big student! Have fun there!

Default Re: What do you do for a living?

that's cool! I guess you've already got a perfect gun light for your gun! have you make some laser lights as well?

Default Re: Already asked? What do you do for a living?

seems so mysterious job you are doing, oh my, I've got a spy here! aha

Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Hmmm, I do a lot of things that overlap...but my primary duties involve performance of forensic investigations. I also do disaster response for the Red Cross.

I've always loved lights though.....I just had no idea that there was a community like this one. I feel like I'm home when I'm here.

I've been a broadcast journalist for close to twenty years now. I used to anchor the primetime newscast in my home county for 15 years. Now i'm a freelance correspondent for a couple of news organizations.

Deck Officer Unlimited Tonnage. Graduate of California Maritime Academy.
    My last ship, 32,000 tons, holds itself over the well with (6) 5,000 hp electric thrusters powered by (7) 4.6 MW gen sets. Hotel and drilling loads around 1 MW, fighting currents and wind, up to 30 MW. I can burn 1,000 gallons of diesel per hour just to hold position. My ship (rig)...

Yours truly

My "office"

One of those gen-sets

The hell? Does EVERYONE have a better paying job than I do?

Hey, I'll take one of those gensets for when I have a power failure in my house (or when the whole town's out)

I never mentioned what it paid, who knows, you could make more than me, but as we all know, money doesn't buy you happiness, it just lets you pull your boat into a slip next to "Happiness".

True dat but I'm sure you make more but that's irrelevant as it was more of a joke anyway. Seems lots of people here have pretty cool
    and good jobs.
    I still want one of those gensets.
    I take it you can't take one of those with you when going home, right?

Heck, if I wasn't the marine Captain, I wouldn't even be able to take those pictures. The drilling companies do not want any means of recording media on board (should an incident occur, they want to control the spin) and you are searched before boarding the helicopter. Those are old digital pictures, taken by the first Sony camera that used 1.44mb floppies for storage, owned by the company and stored in the rig's safe.

Well, can you blame them?

So, that's a no go on the genset then?

I once had (well, still have) this huge bag (duffel bag kinda) that we were going to use to smuggle
    a buddy's lil' sister into a movie that she wasn't old enough for.

We didn't do it but she would have fit

Semi-retired full time flashaholic.
    Research Professor in my spare time.

See? My point exactly!
    EVERYONE's got a better title than I do.

Long time Greenie, wazzup?

Quote Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
    I never mentioned what it paid, who knows, you could make more than me, but as we all know, money doesn't buy you happiness, it just lets you pull your boat into a slip next to "Happiness".
    True. But that slip next to "Happiness" is known as "Contentment."
    Last edited by Monocrom; 03-25-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    See? My point exactly!
    EVERYONE's got a better title than I do.
    If it makes you feel better, the average Pharmacy Technician has to deal with customers coming in who have oftentimes let their anti-psychotic refills lapse. Last pill was 3 days ago. Now you get to deal with a potentially violent psychopath on a short fuse who should be locked away from society. But he's standing in front of you, and he wants his meds NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    If it makes you feel better, the average Pharmacy Technician has to deal with customers coming in who have oftentimes let their anti-psychotic refills lapse. Last pill was 3 days ago. Now you get to deal with a potentially violent psychopath on a short fuse who should be locked away from society. But he's standing in front of you, and he wants his meds NOW!
    That is when you don your Bozo Clown suit and really push him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
    That is when you don your Bozo Clown suit and really push him over the edge.
    No need to even go that far. He's already dangling over the edge. Sometimes a simple "Hello, how can I help you today," will be enough for him to fall over.

A disillusioned uk police officer, a petro-chemical insulator and sheet metal worker by trade
    Pp

Quote Originally Posted by vickers214 View Post
    A disillusioned uk police officer, a petro-chemical insulator and sheet metal worker by trade
    Pp
    Ok, WHICH one is it?

Its the first one Police, I can see why it would look strange and appear that I have 2 jobs but that is how we would say it in my part England and it would make sense.
    And yes I do need a good light for my job for obvious reasons, most people at work use the mini aa mag that is issued, dangerous if you ask me

Well, you're in the right place then

Cop.....lotsa lights for me

Flashaholic

My first job was a bagger and cashier at a grocery store. Then I worked at GE on a refridgerator assembly line through a temp agency. That ended when I joined the Air Force. I started out working on aircraft engines. There are 7 different airframes I worked on. First it was the KC-135R/T. Then I moved and worked on the C-5, C-141 and C-17. I worked on the A-10, C-130 and HH-60 during my final years doing that job. I now work on network and telephone systems including LANs, long haul systems, VTC and some other related stuff.

I had wanted to be a pilot. I might have been able to fly something like a C-17, KC-10 or something similar. The vision in my right eye is so bad that I could be considered legally blind if I lost my other eye. I was working on my private license before joining the military and got the point of doing solo pattern flights. It was a pain trying to get my class 3 medical. Something else I've considered is photography.