MC-E wiring from Cutter?

longleg

Newly Enlightened
I don´t know if I´m blind, but I could not find any info regarding MC-E wiring (4s, 2s2p etc) on the Cutter site.

Anyone know? After some thinking I´ve found out that 2s2p will be best for me..

TexLite

Enlightened
I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-wired",but an MC-E on star a will have connections for each die on the star.

The MC-E can be wired for any configuration,whether mounted on a star or bare.

Michael

longleg

Newly Enlightened
The MC-E can be wired for any configuration,whether mounted on a star or bare.

Michael

..and it´s these configurations I´m curious about, since I´m not very fond of SMD-size soldering.

In other words: I´d like to buy star-mounted MC-E´s from Cutter configured as 2s2p (4s might also work).

Hope I managed to clarify a little :D

ifor powell

Enlightened
By the looks of the picture on the proiduct page and what has been said you will get a star with all 8 pads exposed so you can solder it how you want. I think if you want to do 4 S you will end up with a lot of wiring to route around from side to side. This may well be fun with optics we will have to see whan people get there hands on them.

Ifor

WeLight

Enlightened
mcepcb.gif

The options with this board are two fold, you can wire it any way you want either via individual wires or creating bridges on the pads. You can use either method to create 4S, Parallel/Series, 4 individual and so on. Please note the central thermal pad has an extension that can be used to apply a thermistor/thermocouple etc for temp monitoring. FYI the MCE on the right is the warm white, on the left is the cold white

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good looking boards, WeLight. I think that's about the most we can ask for in terms of flexibility, small size, cost, etc... just essentially larger padded extensions of the emitter leads.

MC-E bases are soldered as opposed to epoxied? I assume so, but just checking.

Please note the central thermal pad has an extension that can be used to apply a thermistor/thermocouple etc for temp monitoring.

Now, THAT'S cool! :rock:

No pun intended.

longleg

Newly Enlightened
The options with this board are two fold, you can wire it any way you want either via individual wires or creating bridges on the pads. You can use either method to create 4S, Parallel/Series, 4 individual and so on. Please note the central thermal pad has an extension that can be used to apply a thermistor/thermocouple etc for temp monitoring. FYI the MCE on the right is the warm white, on the left is the cold white

Sounds great!

If I understand correctly - you won´t sell pre-configured (4s/2s2p etc) boards?

znomit

Enlightened
Triple MR11 MC-E board wired 2x6 so us bike nuts can run a single maxflex and get all dies going at 600mA for 2000lm.
MR11 optic would be nice but the polymer optics look ok too (gonna get some in?).