I just finished my second Maglite single P7 mod. The first one didn't want to work right but this time I used the driver board from 'Der Wichtel' and now it works fine .
I used this parts for my mod:
- 2D Maglite
- SSC P7 DSWOJ emitter
- DHS heatsink HAIII
- driver board from 'Der Wichtel'
- mdocod 6AA>2D battery adapter
- 6 Eneloops
- M*g MOP Cam/Camless Aluminum Reflector 52mm/15mm
- UCL® Lens
- some teflon wire
- Alumina Adhesive
- Arctic Alumina
The first step was to modify the cklicky module to get some space for the driver board and the heatsink. I use a dremel and afterwards some fine sandpaper to smoothen it.
After that I soldered the driver board with some teflon wire to the cklicky module.
Now I only had to glue the emitter on the heatsink and solder he wires from the driver board to the emitter. After reading the instructions on the Artic Silver website it was very easy to use he Alumina Adhesive. So no problems with glueing the emitter on the heatsink. Now only solder the wires on the emitter and put the heatsink in my Maglite. I don't know but somehow the heatsink didn't fit in my Maglite. But after I used some sandpaper to take a little bit of the anodizing off it just fits fine in the Maglite. I put some Arctic Alumina around the heatsink and put it in the Maglite.
The last think to do was to get the Eneloops in the battery adapter and put it also in the Maglite. That's where I found another minor problem. It was very hard to screw on the tailcape. So I used the dremel and shortened the spring a little bit.
So I think that's enough for the writing here are some pictures of my Maglite P7 mod:
the driver board
the modified spring
I will modify the black Maglite to use it as a bikelight.
Beamshots will follow.