Exciting things for Fall.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait for:
1. Getting back to school (logic & abnormal psych:paypal:)

2. Fallout 3

3. The Cree MC-E

4. and "Fun with New Jersey" (drunk college kids)

Lotsa juggling to be done:D

What are you excited about?:poke:

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The changing of the leaves.

Hoodies and jeans

Brisk walks in the night with a backpack FULL of flashlights:D

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I always look forward to fall. Fall means an end to heat, humidity, smelly air, and insects. I never liked summers much to begin with, but I find as I'm getting older they're getting less and less tolerable.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played Wasteland--the original--then Fallout 1 and 2 and Tactics (two or three times). I hope Fallout 3 is good. I love the post-apocalypse theme. Much more interesting and different than dungeons and dragons.

Got some real tactical training in Carolina (I forget which one) next month--active shooter stuff, force on force. Fall is a nice time of year for training.

Looking forward to new Surefire products--though probably will only buy the X-400 and maybe the Invictus.

Retinator

Enlightened
Long hikes while 'discovering' patches of apple trees, berries and grapes. Not all at once though :(

Easier sleeping nights, no more HEAT!

With the trees still fully leaved, nighttime is longer and dimmer. No snow to kill your lights, just a nice solid beam to reach with.

BBQing chicken, ribs, steak, while swatting the odd bee :)

Changes in colors and feel of life in general. Seems more relaxed, more lazy days.

Better stuff to come on TV.

Birthday a few months off, gotta make that list! (Oct 31 :tinfoil:)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played Wasteland--the original--then Fallout 1 and 2 and Tactics (two or three times). I hope Fallout 3 is good. I love the post-apocalypse theme. Much more interesting and different than dungeons and dragons.

Got some real tactical training in Carolina (I forget which one) next month--active shooter stuff, force on force. Fall is a nice time of year for training.

Looking forward to new Surefire products--though probably will only buy the X-400 and maybe the Invictus.

Tell me about it! I pre-ordered in February.:crackup: Now just to wait for the call.:sigh: I've played Oblivion, but I dunno, the whole 1950's lost in space - sci fi thing is like crack to me.

Have fun at the force on force. I know fun isn't the idea. But testing oneself against others always seems satisfying.

A little bit cooler nights will be nice as well.

Happy (early) Birthday Retinatior. I hope you get something shiny.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
About Fallout 3: I've never before seen so much senseless drivel being spouted on a game that hasn't yet come out.
I've lost count of all the times I've heard it called "Oblivion with guns", and bad-mouthed in any way possible.
Why not just wait till it's out? THEN if you don't like it feel free to be negative, but in the meantime just because they changed visual the game does not deserve all the hatred.

Besides, I think first-person will be a far more immersive way of playing Fallout than the previously known top-down view.

That said, I'm also waiting for GTAIV on the PC...

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always look forward to fall. Fall means an end to heat, humidity, smelly air, and insects. I never liked summers much to begin with, but I find as I'm getting older they're getting less and less tolerable.
No argument there. Since I became riddled with arthritis at the ripe old age of 33, I can't stand the heat and humidity anymore either.

If it could be like early fall all year long, I'd be really happy.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
-Going back to school

-Getting started with work so I can pay my bills and help my mom

-After paying said bills I'll probably buy a flashlight:D

-Looking forward to Autumn weather

-Seeing the girl of my dreams

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
THE END OF HEAT. I'm normally sick of summer three days after it starts, but this year has somehow been far more brutal than usual.

If you ever meet me you'll recognize me instantly. I'll be the guy bbq'ing in the snow wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

:buddies:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brisk walks in the night with a backpack FULL of flashlights:D

Are you trying to seduce me? :nana:

For me, autumn brings cold an wet; so weather-wise it does not hold my favor.
However I do enjoy the change of the trees. I welcome the darkness coming on earlier.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Halloween season :grin2:

This gives me a reason to build those crazy colored LED lights for the kids to carry. :) I love the shorter and much cooler days, especially when I am cutting firewood and working in the yard.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
University acceptance letters. And decline letters.

Guitar performances.

Ra Clicky 120Cn getting used a lot.

Crisp air.

Darkness.

The Unknown and Unknowable.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mulled hot cider (with a touch of Captain Morgan's for extra spirit...)

Longer and earlier dog/flashlight walks

The susurrus of the wind through the colorful leaves (please bring your incan for full effect... lol)

Sleeping with the window cracked open

The beginning of Holiday Season (Hallothanksxmas!)

Fireplace

NFL Football

98j30

Newly Enlightened
How about Autumn in New England; I was stationed at Ft. Devens Mass. about 18 miles from NH and within walking distance of Walden's Pond. Was beautiful there starting 2nd week in Sept through Thanksgiving(once snowed 14" on Thanksgiving Day). This was in 1970. I dream of living out my life somewhered between Anchorage and Seward within sight of ocean but up in lower mountians. Been there also; that is Heaven for me, want to see Iditrod dog race in winter then I can fade away in peace. Not to mention use flashlight a lot there.

Latest posts