Banggood Network
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NEW OLIGHT M20 WARRIOR

Default Re: NEW OLIGHT M20 WARRIOR

I still would if someone knows and I know I have asked this before so sorry for that but I have still not gotten a confident answer on what the difference between the olive green and black versions are and why the olive green one cost more at four sevens? IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE?

Quote Originally Posted by MoreLumens4Me View Post
    I still would if someone knows and I know I have asked this before so sorry for that but I have still not gotten a confident answer on what the difference between the olive green and black versions are and why the olive green one cost more at four sevens? IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE?
    There's no practical difference.

Supposedly they used metal sourced from the USA for the Olive one but it's the same quality metal.

Pick whatever one looks better to you.

I have black and it's a great flashlight, my favorite so far.

Yea, it's just the fact that its USA sourced Aluminium for the Olive, everythign else is same exact specs like shomie911 said.

Personally, metal is metal, no matter where it's from. It really comes down to the craftmanship & QC of the manufacturer.

I love my Chinese flashlight from USA sourced Aluminium

Quote Originally Posted by Sector7 View Post
    That's pretty funny!
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Thanks, for your advice.
    Last edited by MoreLumens4Me; 09-20-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Flashaholic*

if i had my time again (i would do it all againeyain - there's a song in there) i would buy the olive one as i have been using mine for work and because it has sharp corners on the ring grip and on the end of the tail cap the HAIII is chipping off also the clip is only painted and that is scratching off a bit to - i do like the black color but the olive/green/sliver color would hide the chips.
    this is my only gripe on the light - should have ordered a smo reflector to see how far she throws because even with the op it does throw further than i would have expected (does make the DBS cough a little)
    buy the way the M20 is about half the size in real life than it looks in the pictures.
    Last edited by Glenn7; 09-17-2008 at 05:04 AM.

Flashaholic*

I received my Black M20 a few hours ago. It's a very nice light, simple user interface, nice clip & combat ring. I purchased the SMO reflector along with the package, the beam is still very nice with the smooth reflector in there.

If you compare it next to my TK11 the M20 takes the cake when comparing the beam and the intensity of the hotspot. I will take the two out tonight and see which one throws further, at this point it looks like the M20 will beat the TK11.

You can tell it is brighter than the numerous Q5 lights I have, but it is not an "O'my god that is so much brighter" light. The hotspot intensity to my eyes is were you really see the difference.

Nice job Olight, it fits perfectly in a SF V70 holster bezel up of course. Now we just need to get a ring to cover up the exposed area where the combat ring is.

******Update*******: I took the M20 and TK11 out for a throw down and the M20 was clearly the winner.
    Last edited by djblank87; 09-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.

News as for this, managed to fix the malfunction by myself

Seems as if not the drop caused the malfunction, but changing the reflector several times. The pill is maintained at the front by a sturdy metal ring, pushing it down against the back of the head.
    But as the reflector screws into the pill, it happens also to unscrew it when changing the reflector if the ring is not fixed very well

I screwed down the front ring firmly, and now it works properly again

So no RMA-return for this one

MiniLux

Quote Originally Posted by MiniLux View Post
    While talking of quality ....
    As to my experience I don't think it does really fit the promotionally induced 'hard to take' military image at all:
    mine dropped out of my pocket for about 50 cm on the kitchen floor (when getting up from the seat) and didn't work right afterwards for level changes (fully erratically changes on CR/RCR123, just working opposite on 18650, having to twist bezel down for changes, losing it for keeping)
    Wouldn't have mind if this had happened with a 25$ DX light, but to my opinion this is completely unacceptable for a >100$ 'high quality' light
    I've contacted the CS from Battery Junction and they asked me to send the light back on RMA for an exchange.
    Will send it back on monday and then seeing forward as for the result....

MiniLux
    P1D, LD01, T1/TK10/11/20/40, E01, HP10, P10Ti, DBS R5, CL1H V3 R2/V4 MC-E, Jet M, H30/31/50/51/501/60/SC30/60, Spear, NDI, NEX, D10, EX10, EZ AA/CR2, M20, S20, S2, L2, LF2X/2XT/3XT/5XT, ED-P71/P72, L-Mini 2/PLI/P-Rocket/X-Thrower, Q RGB, Mini 123/CR2/CR2Ti, Turbo 2AA/CR123, AA Tactical, VX Ultra, T100C2, DeCree-XPG

Any volunteers getting the run time for low mode in different sizes of batteries 2xCR123, 2xRCR123 and 18650?

Quote Originally Posted by djblank87 View Post

Nice job Olight, it fits perfectly in a SF V70 holster bezel up of course.
    Really??

Oh Sweet!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic

Default Problems with Olight M20

For some reason the low battery indicator on my Olight M20 will flash 3 times, even when my battery is nearly fully charged. The instructions say that it will flash 3 times every 20 seconds when they are low, but mine are not low. It usually happens when I first turn it on and it blinks rapidly 3 times. When I leave it on, it does not flash like that again. It only does it when I initially turn it on. Later, after a long runtime, it will begin to flash like that again, and has continued to run on the highest setting for quite a long time, indicating that it is again premature. My battery is an Ultrafire 2400, which I got new with the light. Does it just need to be used/drained a few times before the light stops doing this, or is there something wrong with the M20 itself?

Thanks
    Last edited by Aaron; 09-18-2008 at 02:22 AM.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Problems with Olight M20

I've noticed that my M20 starts flickering when the battery voltage drops below 3.6V. At this voltage there is not more than 10-20% of energy left in the 18650 battery. And because the light is unregulated it still can work for an hour or so. I agree that the limit could be lower, but at least it will be very safe to use unprotected cells.

But it doesn't flash when you switch it on and the battery is fresh so maybe there is something wrong with your light.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniLux View Post
    News as for this, managed to fix the malfunction by myself

Seems as if not the drop caused the malfunction, but changing the reflector several times. The pill is maintained at the front by a sturdy metal ring, pushing it down against the back of the head.
    But as the reflector screws into the pill, it happens also to unscrew it when changing the reflector if the ring is not fixed very well

I screwed down the front ring firmly, and now it works properly again

So no RMA-return for this one

MiniLux
    Good news on a number of fronts!

Your M20 isn't busticated.
    It isn't so fragile.
    Pill might be user remove able.

Quote Originally Posted by jirik_cz View Post
    I've noticed that my M20 starts flickering when the battery voltage drops below 3.6V. At this voltage there is not more than 10-20% of energy left in the 18650 battery.
    jirik_cz, PM sent.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

I finally got to put mine to use last night, I am doing some security work at a freight yard. So my partner thinks he sees somthing by one of the trailers, a good 500 ft away. No problem for this light, did the job nicely.

Also, I would agree with others, this light is smaller than I thought it would be......perfect size for EDC, and the holster that it comes with is way to good to be included for free. All in all, I am very pleased with this light.....can't wait to see what Olight comes up with next!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My battery is an Ultrafire 2400, which I got new with the light. Does it just need to be used/drained a few times before the light stops doing this, or is there something wrong with the M20 itself?

Thanks
    At first, I was thinking there might be something wrong with your M20. But then you mentioned using an Ultrafire rechargeable cell. While their chargers are decent, Ultrafire cells are about as consistant as the sanity level in a mental institution. Sometimes decent, sometimes sporadic, sometimes won't-work-right-out-the-box!

Test your M20 with two CR123 cells or an AW 18650 if you have one. If the light then keeps doing the same thing, send it back for a replacement.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

+1 on the ultrafire 18650 batteries,I had two in a WF-500 when I went to charge them one did charge the other dead

I often wonder if ultrafire salvage 18650's from lap top batteries and re-label them
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have
    their shoes.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Really??

Oh Sweet!
    Yep, as long as you remove the ring and clip. That is a major must have for me, I like all my smaller lights to be able to fit in a SF V70. I took the M20 out last night, it's a damn good thrower with the SMO reflector. It out threw my BOG Q5, Malkoff M60 and Fenix TK11 with no problems. It's like a pencil beam with a decent amount of spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sector7 View Post

LOL

Any beam shots?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by djblank87 View Post
    Yep, as long as you remove the ring and clip. That is a major must have for me, I like all my smaller lights to be able to fit in a SF V70. I took the M20 out last night, it's a damn good thrower with the SMO reflector. It out threw my BOG Q5, Malkoff M60 and Fenix TK11 with no problems. It's like a pencil beam with a decent amount of spill.
    I'm thinking of getting a SMO reflector for my M20 and just wanted to know if it makes much difference than the OP - because I am amazed how far this tiny light throws as it is
    PS: do have any pix or could you take some of the diff in throw between OP & SMO?

A fellow CPFer mentioned that a Fenix P1 will fit neatly into one of the side pockets of the M20 holster. (It won't be a perfect fit, as the P1 is rather short and will need to be fished out of the side pocket. Still, a good idea to carry a spare light in the Olight holster).

I don't own a P1, so I tried a couple of other lights in one of the side pockets. My Inova X1 was, ironically, a poor fit. But the thicker Dorcy Super 1 Watt was a perfect fit. (Carried Bezel-up). The top of the bezel is actually flush with the top of the holster. A good, snug fit; without being too tight. Gives you the option of instantly reaching for a single CR123 light that gives lower-output for close-up chores. It's not a tactical light, but a good way to make the Olight holster more versatile. The Dorcy is also quite a bit cheaper than a Fenix P1, and can be found at your local Target store.

For those unfamiliar with this light, here's a review....

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...cy_super1w.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a SMO reflector for my M20 and just wanted to know if it makes much difference than the OP - because I am amazed how far this tiny light throws as it is
    PS: do have any pix or could you take some of the diff in throw between OP & SMO?
    I have both reflectors. The difference in throw doesn't seem to be very great to my naked eyes. I lent out my digital camera, but should be getting it back this weekend, so if no one else posts pics, I'll try to do that Sunday night.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Noobiwan View Post
    I received the M20 this morning of Sept. 6th (I bought the light as a gift for my brother for his birthday) and what a nice looking light it is. It's a little longer than the CL1HV4 and TK11 even without the strike bezel and a wee bit skinnier.

The beam itself is ringy, but that has never bothered me. Even with the OP reflector, it seems to have a smaller, more intense hot spot than the TK11. These are just "white wall comparisons" and by no means a review, I don't wanna tick people off for giving bad info.
    Overall, this is one sexy, sleek looking light. I'm very happy with the buy and I'm sure my brother will love his new toy. The M20 will do the job it's intended for nicely. This gift will bring him to the "light" side I'm sure.

My only concern is that I ordered the light with the smooth reflector and it didn't come with the package. I contacted customer service at battery junction via e-mail so I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly. (paid $9.95 extra for the SMO) Matt, is there anything else I should do?
    How does the light compare to the Dereelight CL1HV4? Did you get the R2 version of the Warrior?
    Anyone have a number for Flashaholics Anonymous? I hear they have a really good 12 lumen program...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
    I have both reflectors. The difference in throw doesn't seem to be very great to my naked eyes. I lent out my digital camera, but should be getting it back this weekend, so if no one else posts pics, I'll try to do that Sunday night.
    Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MarkIAlbert View Post
    How does the light compare to the Dereelight CL1HV4? Did you get the R2 version of the Warrior?
    M20: Built better, throws better, nicer tint (I have R2 WH), higher price, regulated over 5V.

Enlightened

Follow up: I have both lights now, with both sets of reflectors, both in R2.

Having used them both, the Warrior seems better made. Hands down the winner on fit, finish and ergonomics. It also out throws the Dereelight and has lots of good spill.

That being said, the Dereelight is smaller and makes a better EDC.
    Last edited by MarkIAlbert; 11-09-2008 at 07:11 AM.
    Anyone have a number for Flashaholics Anonymous? I hear they have a really good 12 lumen program...

Get both!

You responded to a post you made yourself, back in October.

Why would Cree go to the trouble of making a premium R2 emitter, then mount it incorrectly under the dome?

My M20 is made really well, but the emitter they should have rejected makes a stinker of a beam, especially when I use the smooth reflector.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post

You responded to a post you made yourself, back in October.
    That's embarrassing. Serves me right for spending so many hours on the computer.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast