SF product registration

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
How do you register your SF products in case in the future you need to access your warranty to get a replacement part or something?
How do you go about the warranty?
Will it still be valid if i move to a diffrent place in the future?

pardon my ignorance & thanks a lot.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need to register your product to be able to use the warranty. If it breaks, just contact them and they will take care of it. The warranty will still be valid if you move, or even if you are not the original owner of the light.

Regards,
Tempest

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
I see, but how will it be though?
do you have to send them your defective part for them to send you a new one?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends, sometimes you have to send it in but if the broken part is small most of the time they'll just send you one (and may or may not ask for the broken one back).

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure-Fire products used to come with mail in warranty registration cards. I still have most of mine from my lights. My new G2-OD came with a warranty registration number printed on a card. I went to the website and registered it. www.surefire.com/register

Generally, Sure-Fire has not enforced warranty registration, but who knows that may change in the future. Anyways registering your light also registers you for a free flashlight drawing so what do you have to lose? :twothumbs

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think legally they cannot force you to register in order to obtain warrenty.

Perhaps. But I've purchased a lot of products over the years that came with warranty cards that said "return in 30 days" or something like that. I would think the company could basically do whatever they wanted to do regarding warranty of their own products.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read the fine prints on warrenty cards a couple of times and they always say registration is not necessary to obtain warrenty. Maybe it's different depends on where you live.

bluebonnet

Newly Enlightened
I attempted to register my E1B today and see that the process of registration has been discontinued by the company.

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have used the SF warranty at lease three times this year and have not had any problems. On one occasion I sent my light in to be repaired and the other time they sent me parts. I was very satisfied.

bluebonnet

Newly Enlightened
SureFire responded to my inquiry by stating that the company has recently discontinued product registration for their product, but that their "No-Hassle Warranty" remains unchanged. I would have preferred the option of being able to register my new flashlight as I have done in the past and don't understand why SureFire decided to go this route.