Gladius tail

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone disassembled a Gladius tail cap? Just curious if this can be taken apart.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to be able to fix mine. When I first received mine I did not know about the alignment pin and chewed it up when taking the tailcap on and off.:banghead::stupid:

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
Well:poke: Give us some ideas on how it is done.

Ok I cut my *** away from the computer and took new pics. can you mod the title to say pics - lots of them?

Gladius tailcap disassembly. Tools needed – small slotted screwdriver, small pin punch, needle-nose pliers.

DSCF1276.jpg

insert screwdriver in between push button and selector ring
DSCF1277.jpg

pry away from switch assembly
DSCF1278.jpg

remove button
DSCF1279.jpg

insert screwdriver between selector ring and tailcap – pry it off and remove
DSCF1281.jpg

you will see the ball bearings in here – I think I lost one as they spilled out when I removed the selector ring. I replaced them for the photo.
DSCF1283.jpg

different exposure
DSCF1284.jpg

bearings removed – you can see the relief groove where the bearings sit in
DSCF1285.jpg

DSCF1286.jpg

I pried this collar out then
DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1288.jpg

the post inside has a pin in it. This pin holds in a spring which wasn't in there from the last time I took it apart. Yes I had parts left over.
DSCF1289.jpg

pin punch the pin out and/or use pliers to pull out once started
DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF1291.jpg

you can see the indexing rollers on the larger pin inside here.
DSCF1292.jpg

the aluminum collar can be removed….actually you can remove it a couple of steps sooner if you want.
DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

metal (anodized aluminum it appears) housing inside the aluminum collar – there is a SMALL pin here. This is the pin that aligns the tailcap onto the body when replacing the cap.
DSCF1296.jpg

use pliers to pull it out
DSCF1297.jpg

this allows the center post to come out further to access the indexing rollers. I had to pry a bit using the screw driver in the opening on the post.
DSCF1298.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

here is the opening – a SLOT
DSCF1300.jpg

roller set up with one spacer and roller off.
DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1302.jpg

the center post can now be pulled out. You can see the teeth that the indexing roller indexes against.
DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

center post can be removed from the toothed collar
DSCF1305.jpg

the center post has a magnet installed. Part of the on/off
DSCF1306.jpg

ball bearing stuck to magnet for illustration purposes.
DSCF1307.jpg

DSCF1308.jpg

here are a bunch of parts laid out
DSCF1309.jpg

here is that spring I mentioned earlier….I do not remember how it goes in…I believe the pin holds it in.
DSCF1312.jpg

here is the groove that holds the ball bearings in
DSCF1311.jpg

Now don't ask me to put it back together…just go backwards!! ;-)

Boltgun

SORRY ABOUT THAT _ SOME KNUCKLEHEAD TRIED TO ORGANIZE HIS PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT ;-)

Last edited:

d1dd1

Enlightened
Too bad the pics are down :sigh:

Boltgun, could you please reupload them if you still have them ?
Thanks

edit: thanks, now I can see them. ;)

Last edited:

Bogie

Enlightened
Thanks for the Pics I might have to take mine apart as once and a while it does not work. I called Blackhawk for warranty and they want me to purchase a new tail cap for $70 :shakehead

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Pics I might have to take mine apart as once and a while it does not work. I called Blackhawk for warranty and they want me to purchase a new tail cap for $70 :shakehead

Many thanks for the pics, much appreciated!

I put white Silicone thermal grease in the Gladius body slot/channel so that when the tailcap pin is inside, the grease provides electrical contact too. Any conductive grease will prevent intermittent operation but one needs to put grease in the body slot/channel from time to time.

If the tailcap pin can be pulled out, I hope we can change it to a longer one to fix the intermittent contact.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

TTTGTH.........:poke: