whats a good led for in a pc case?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
we are trying to get some stuff to glow in the case.and have no idea where to start we can mod em if needed we want uber powerful

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
if you want it bright and neon looking I suggest you look into CFFL (cold compact fluorescent lighting) for cases. You should be able to get a kit for under $20.... perhaps $12-$15 off ebay that will run off of 12v. for minor lighting you can use 5mm LEDs here and there. I don't recommend high power LEDs mainly because of the cost involved compared to the output the CCFLs are cheapest. Try searching ebay for UV CCFL .
You can try UV LEDs... they are expensive and not very bright compared to CCFL.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
we are kinda more into the look and the abilty to place em everyhere.the pc pulls like 900 watts so a few more watts wont hurt.we have the glass bulbs now

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
well you are not giving me much of a clue where everywhere is... inside the case outside pointing at the desk or what. They made some ccfl kits that blink with music too... pretty cool I guess.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well it is hard to say where just that it would be in places that may be harder to get a big bulb in.it will have glow liquid in its water cool system they want to light the fluid better