Lantern for when you dont have a lantern

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just quickly, if you don't have one and you cant see your own food on the camp table because you only have a flashlight with you..........stand your flashlight on its end and cover it with a plain white shopping bag, the one you use for rubbish or for your dirty laundry. This provides a perfect lantern like light on your camp table.....good idea to have a light that stands quite solidly and does not get hot quickly....

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just tried this with my 150 lumen Task Force LED and it really did fan the light out nicely just like a lantern unlike I have seen before. Thanks for the idea!:thumbsup:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A truly Universal application, it even works in the UK!

Works very well if you hang your torch from a tree branch then put bag around it, hanging bag from branch too.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
A truly Universal application, it even works in the UK!

Works very well if you hang your torch from a tree branch then put bag around it, hanging bag from branch too.

That's a good idea as well......I did not have any trees around so the on-table solution was the only one....and yes, I was amazed by the result as well.

Duodec

Newly Enlightened
I like that. An actual useful application for the old Halloween 'ghost' costume method (flashlight and a white sheet).

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tossed a lantern mantle on the burner of a camp stove. Ugly, but it worked.

:buddies: