• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
The limited edition Extreme III is a single AAA powered custom light utilizing cutting edge technology. The body is machined from T6061 aluminum, type III hard anodized in natural ( no mis-match ) combined with double side AR coated mineral glass lens, Custom orange peel aluminum reflector, hand selected Rebel LED for optimum brightness and, a micro processor controlled DC/DC converter with multi functions all in a very small package.

The Extreme III is user programmable and the ultimate 1 x AAA powered custom light.

Main features:

Unique 2 stage output twisting mechanism which does not require the user to cycle through all modes.
Turn Off Memory - the Extreme III will turn on in the last operating mode.
Programmble output for the 2 stage output and 2 stage SOS.
Programmable output and frequency for the 2 stage Strobe.
No flickering at ANY output level as the frequency of the PWM is set at 7800Hz.
Over discharge protection for Li-Ion & NIMH battery. (ON / OFF)
Indicates battery voltage level by number of blinks.
White diffuser for area lighting. (lantern head.)

33cavt4.jpg

2622scg.jpg

2enaxcl.jpg

303l000.jpg

Specifications:

LED : Cree XRE bin number: R2 brightness and a WC tint. (brighter than the original Rebel LED version)
Input voltage : 0.9V - 3.0V (AAA only!)
AAA battery chemistry : Alkaline(1.5V), NIMH(1.2V), NICAD(1.2), Primary Lithium(1.7V) Uses PWM at high frequency 7800Hz. No flickering from 0.2% to 100% output
AR Coated glass lens (Diameter 12mm, thickness 1mm)
HA III natural finish, no mis-match.
Single o ring seal at lens, LED module & battery tube.
3 positions twisting action for on/off and programming : off, P1, P2
Tighten for off. Reduce the chances of losing the complete head (bezel & LED module)
Lock out mode : loosen 2 turns
Stable tail stand even with small keyring, similar to the KIB flashlight.
Area lighting with white diffuser installed
water resistant

Size:
Length : 77mm
Diameter : 14mm (bezel)

Main functions:

FOUR (4) operating modes

1. Standard mode - 2 output level. default at 15% brightness & 50% brightness

2. User adjustable mode - default at 50%. Adjustable from 0.2% (8 seconds) to 100% (8 seconds)

3. Strobe mode - 2 stobes level. default 1 Hz at 50% brightness at 15.6 Hz at 100% brightness

4. SOS mode - 2 SOS brightness. default 6.5% & 50%. cycle repeats every 3 seconds

all of the above output and frequencies can be changed by the user via the programming function.

FIVE (5) Extra functions

1. Battery voltage indicator - works on Alkaline, NIMH & Lithium batteries

2. Programming function - User can define the output and frequencies of the 4 operating modes mentioned above

3. Demo function - Will display all available brightness and frequencies of the four operating modes. Demo runs for a few minutes and revert back to previous operating mode

4. Overdischarge protection for rechargeable batteries - works on NIMH & Lithium Ion battery (4.2V, 10440)

5. Factory reset - Restore EEPROM back to factory default settings for all operating modes & extra functions

The Extreme III has a unique design in its software code. It will remember the last operating mode when the light is turned off. the next time the user turns on the light, it will turn on in the last operating mode (i.e. previous mode).

for example, if you use your Extreme III mainly as strobe light or SOS, you do not need to go through the process of selecting strobe or SOS again everytime you turn it on.

The price of the limited edition Extreme III is $130.00 which includes Paypal fees and shipping via express mail (EMS) to anywhere in the world. The limited edition Extreme III is in stock and will ship immediatelly. Only 40 units were made. I accept Paypal for payment. When sending payment, make sure to include your full name, CPF NAME, complete shipping address and what you are paying for. These will go fast. Act now. Please send your payment to: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thank you.

ARC mania

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a reason why you do not mention 10440 cells? I ran my old extreme III on them just fine.

openbolt1

Enlightened
I'm on the fence about ready to buy. Tell me, what are the approximate lumens please? Thanks, openbolt

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Steve, the reason I asked is the last batch had such a low VF that it was advised to avoid li-ion.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the late update. For people who purchased an Extreme III with R2 have all shipped.

Thujone: Yes, the Extreme III with an R2 can use a 10440 cell but I would have to send you one with a slightly higher VF.

Drive current to the XRE will differ depending on battery used. With an alkaline AAA its 350ma in the brightest setting. A little more with an Energizer AAA lithium. Even higher with a 10440. Again depends on VF. Runtimes will also vary due to VF. Unfortunately Cree does not bin by VF so its a bit all over the place. I have measured the VF of all the Extreme III's made with an R2 Cree and have written it on a pc of tape that I have put on the head of the light.

I also need to mention that each light is thoroughly tested before shipping. The UI is a bit complicated and if you don't like lights that are small and complicated, I can't recommend the Extreme III. Hope the above helps answer some of your questions.

ARC mania

Flic

Enlightened
Just got my R2 XRE in the mail. It is fantastic. Michael is right, there is no dreaded dark ring in the beam. It's nice and smooth with a perfect tint (for me at least). I could not be happier.

As an extra bonus Michael was even able to supply a requested serial number!

Thanks yet again MJ!