Headlamp help!!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Can someone recommend me a good headlamp for walking at night thru the mountains( must have a long range spot, and not very expensive)

Thanks
Sérgio Silva

Ratso

Enlightened
I would recomend the streamlight Septor, if you don't need long range spot, it is very versatile. The Trident is cheaper and very practical too, you can use the 3 LEDs for waling and the bulb for spot, however I heard the 3 LEDS in the reflector make a lousy beam. The Trident it around $20.

tygger

Enlightened
the best headlight for around $20 would be the Princeton Tec Solo. comes with 2 reflectors (narrow/wide), halogen and standard bulb, and fleece carry bag. it takes 2AA batteries which last around 6 hours with standard bulb and its waterproof. the only drawback is that it doesn't have a spare bulb in the lamp housing. for simplicity, durability, longevity, and price its an ideal headlight.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
boing, boing, boing. Huff, huff, huff.

That's me trying to catch up to the bouncing tygger and second his opinion.
smile.gif
grin.gif

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tygger:
the best headlight for around $20 would be the Princeton Tec Solo. comes with 2 reflectors (narrow/wide), halogen and standard bulb, and fleece carry bag. it takes 2AA batteries which last around 6 hours with standard bulb and its waterproof. the only drawback is that it doesn't have a spare bulb in the lamp housing. for simplicity, durability, longevity, and price its an ideal headlight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And PT headlamps also use standard PR type bulbs much easier to find than most others.

tygger

Enlightened
funny jeff. wish i had a tygger smiley though. like from darkbane's forum. oh well.