I want to...Mag85

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
....build a Mag85 with my 3D Mag. I was doing a little searching but I would like some updated sites and maybe get and updated list of items I'll need to complete this build. This will be my first mod so the easier the better :eek:. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Highly encourage you to get FiveMega's 9xAA battery holder....very premium part. Also will tell you his aluminum reflector is nice too.

And if you really want a nice light, get AW's replacement switch that has 3 levels in it. Really makes a nice, usable light.

Eneloops are what I have in all of my lights that use AA batteries.

Bob E.

Illum

Flashaholic
Highly encourage you to get FiveMega's 9xAA battery holder....very premium part. Also will tell you his aluminum reflector is nice too.

FM's 3D to 9AA holders are no longer in production and word by PM says FM has no intention of putting the product design back into circulation.
FM now machines 3D to 12AA holders which require quad-bored maglite bodies to accept.

user Mdocod also builds holders and currently has the 3D to 9AA holders available for order in custom BST. They hint homemade but believe me they are very functional and can sustain high currents. I have one 3D Mag85 and a 2D ROP-Low that uses mdocod's holders.

I'm not sure when FM will make his next run for reflectors, but I'm definitely in for some extras.

iapyx

Enlightened

And if you really want a nice light, get AW's replacement switch that has 3 levels in it. Really makes a nice, usable light.

Eneloops are what I have in all of my lights that use AA batteries.

Bob E.

And I highly encourage you to get 3 x AW´s li-ion batteries and his soft starter. More volts, less connections/contacts between batteries and the soft starter with 3 settings (30%-60%-100%) means you can use this fantastic light on a lower setting if you don´t need so many lumen. Will also safe bulb life.

just my 2 euro cents..