• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2x123 McClickie Pak - Inner Diameter?

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
I understand there is some amount of variation in machining and in cell diameters, but if there's a CPF'er out there with a decent quality caliper and a Ti 2x123 pak handy - would you mind posting/PM'ing an ID measurement?

I ask because I'd like to run one of my lights on AW's protected button-top 17670 cell. The single example of this cell I have in-hand fits very nicely into both my Ti 1x123 pak and the EN 1x123 pak from my AMC Mule set. But I've read here that in some cases folks have had to remove labels and such to make the 17670-in-2x123 Pak combo work.

My two 1x123 Paks measure 17.17/17.16mm ID according to my caliper. Maybe I just have a somewhat "svelte" example of AW's cell? :shrug:

Last edited:

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
It would make sense that there could be significant variation in the finished diameter of the AW cells, since the protection circuit is on board.

I would expect the ID of the 2x123 to be to the same specification as the ID of the 1x123, but there may be some other consideration (more tendency to rattle or experience connection issues due to movement?) built into the design/spec of the 2x123?

The responses are appreciated for sure. Maybe when Don stops by he can confirm whether the design ID's are the same or if they vary for some reason.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Both 1x123 and 2x123 paks have 17.15mm called out for the battery bore. Although I leave the tolerances to the machine shop, we have agreed that the dimensions of bores are best taken as a minimum dimension and the two measurements mentioned bear this out. :shrug:

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
Don, thanks a bunch for the clarification. Either the 2x123's are running to the tight side, or I have a particularly skinny 17670. I'm guessing the latter.

Thanks again!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the four button-top, AW 17670's I've tried, three will fit, but I do have to remove the foil labels.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
My protected AW 17670 (Black Label) fits, but I also peeled off the silver sticker. It seems just a tad looser in the 1 x 123 Pak.