P61 w/ B65 (KR1-BK) Runtimes

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incase you were wondering...I know I was looking for this when I first got my KR1-BK Kit, and could find nothing...so, hopefully, some of you will find this useful..The B65 read 5.79 volts after charging (I had run it down to 3.27 w/ a P60L)...I let it sit about 5 minutes after removing from the charger. I only ran it in 5 minute intervals, with 5 minute breaks, with a factory P61, to keep it from getting too hot. All in all it ran approx. 13.5 minutes, at which point it started to noticeably lose lumens, and was completely dead after 14.5. Not bad, considering they only last 20 minutes on two new 3.25 SF CR123A's. I hope to have Runtimes for a P60 and the P60L when I have a little more time. Currently, my P60L last about 3 days of intermittent use, but then again I'm in the sandbox, and the heat might have something to do with it...Hope this helped some-one, and I welcome any feedback/questions

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried this and mine went :poof:. I don't think I let the B65 sit for 5 minutes before starting to use it, so it probably instaflashed. The filament's still intact though... must be something electronic in the LA?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I tried this and mine went :poof:. I don't think I let the B65 sit for 5 minutes before starting to use it, so it probably instaflashed. The filament's still intact though... must be something electronic in the LA?

I can see that happening with the fully charged B65. The voltage of the P61 is lower than the P60 but the amperage is much higher. Voltage of freshly charged B65 needs to settle down for about an hour.

Bill

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a P60 die on me like that two weeks ago. I didn't get a flashbulb effect, it just turned on and then off after half a second. I don't think there's any electronics on it, but maybe there's a bad solder joint in there somewhere?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. As far as I'm aware there are no design differences between the R60 and P60 lamp assemblies, but I could be wrong! I'm surprised than a P60 flashed on a B65 battery even hot off the charger.

I have never been tempted to try running SF's 6v lamps on rechargeables, I leave that to their 9v bulbs and lithium ion cells. My 6v lights are strictly CR123a. CR's certainly have their advantages over rechargeables (better in extreme weather, hold their charge longer, last a long time, are lighter) so they definitely have their place in with my lights.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
SF used to sell the R60 LA with their rechargeable setup, but several years ago they dropped the R60 and began including the standard P60 with the kit.

Bill