What to do with an OLD style 6D mag?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well title says it all. A friend of mine has one. I know one can have a 6serial-4parallel AA cinfiguration but from that point on?

Is 12serial-2parallel AA atainable? Any other batt styles?

TNX kostas

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
well title says it all. A friend of mine has one. I know one can have a 6serial-4parallel AA cinfiguration but from that point on?

Is 12serial-2parallel AA atainable? Any other batt styles?

TNX kostas

Well you could do 24 series AA's that would be quite something...(just put them all in a line and run a wire down the centre of the pack)

but you may have to wait a while for a regulator to be built to tame it...thats in the ~28V to 34.32V(hot of the charger.)

Either that or find a lamp that can take that initial burst, or wait for the pack to cool off for a couple of hours.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
LONG running ROP-Hi!
Six high-quality D NiMH, or a 6s3p Eneloop pack, maybe. Has the advantage of being completely reversible.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I think the theme here is old D mag... they are a little wider internally than the current D line up...so i think the OP was asking what mods can be performed over the current 6D.

and yes a little bit more room allows the AA's to slide in easier, maybee in a heat shrunk pack, without quad boring.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh huh.
Modamag 4-wide battery adapter? They were the smallest of the quads.
Maybe 24 Eneloops driving a P7 or Cree MC-E array? 16.8-21 volts...

TKO

Enlightened
Any other batt styles?

TNX kostas

Five emoli 26700's would fit just about perfect lengthwise. Match with one of the following depending on your preference of run time versus brightness:

64432 IRC 35W
64440 IRC 50W
64447 IRC 65W
64458 90W