• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McR-19

thegeek

Enlightened
I noticed there are 3 choices for the McR-19 reflectors and I had a couple questions (hopefully pretty easy to answer):

Of the three reflectors which would be suggested for SSC emitters?

Which emitters does the McR-19 Flood reflector work best with? Is it optimized for the Cree XR-E? How does the beam size and shape compare to the flood standard, the KL4?

I appreciate any help. I did some searching but couldn't find much, if I wasn't thorough enough please point me in the right direction.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
As far as I know none of the McR-19 reflectors are made for P4s or Luxeons. They are all designed for Crees. For P4 you want to go with McR-18S or McR-20S but I'm guessing your head is a A19? You may be able to mod one of the McR-19 to work with a P4 but I'm not sure. I've modded McR-18 & McR-20 to work with Crees with nice beams.

thegeek

Enlightened
Thanks for the answers. I do indeed have the A19 head. It seems the other Aleph heads are currently rather expensive items, and I'm just getting into the Aleph series (and REALLY liking it).

I don't mind sticking to Cree emitters. I don't think my current level of tool sophistication would allow me to reliably mod reflectors. Nice to know they can be adjusted for different emitters and still get a nice beam.

Any opinions on the McR-19 Flood?

mahoney

Enlightened
I happen to like the beam from a Luxeon in a McR 19. Sort of a focused flood.

YMMV and of course, the light output from a Cree is far superior, so all my McR 19s now host Crees.

Honestly, I have not found an emitter the McR 19 Flood plays well with yet. It tends to have a "ringy" beam. I finally cut mine down quite far and paired it with a Cree in an old KL1. Cutting the front section off seemed to tame the rings.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used a McR-19 Flood with a SSC P4 it gives an odd starry beam.
By starry I mean that its brightest in the center and fades out in a spikey pattern, kinda hard to imagine and since I put a ring of glow epoxy around the SSC LE I can't get it into the McR-19 for a beam shot.

I believe the McR-19 Flood was designed for the Cree UV.

Anyone out there have a Rebel Aleph LE to test in a McR-19 series reflector???

thegeek

Enlightened
Thanks for all the input. Maybe I'll pick one up and see how it performs. I should (with any luck) have an MC-E on the way. I was hoping the McR-19 Flood would help deal with any dark spots.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
The McR19 is the original reflector designed for the Cree 7090 but worked with the Luxeon. Out of stock
McR19F is the flood version
McR19XR is the Cree XRE version.

The McR19 series reflectors are deep give good throw as well as side spill.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which reflector is supplied with the A19 head kit, McR19, or McR19F?

Will the McR19 reflector be available in the future?

Thanks,
Scott

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Originally the McR19 was in the A19 head kit. Many of you might still have the McR19. The McR19-Flood was the new reflector in the A19 head kit with the McR19-XR as an option. Most people bought the A19 head and the McR19-XR for the Cree XRE.

Now we are down to the McR 19XR in the A19 kit.

The limited McR19F is available in the UV head with UV LE only or complete UV light. No Exceptions!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Originally the McR19 was in the A19 head kit. Many of you might still have the McR19. The McR19-Flood was the new reflector in the A19 head kit with the McR19-XR as an option. Most people bought the A19 head and the McR19-XR for the Cree XRE.

Now we are down to the McR 19XR in the A19 kit.

The limited McR19F is available in the UV head with UV LE only or complete UV light. No Exceptions!

Thanks Cindy. So the A19 head will come with a McR-19XR regardless of the $1 McR-19XR option?

Latest posts