Low budget M@g turbohead

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my long throw m@g head which is easy to make on a shoestring budget. The reflector and lens are taken from a cheap 2MCP spotlight. The bottom of the reflector was dremmeled off and then glued on to a sawn off m@g D head. The Kiu socket had to be raised in order to focus properly. I'm running a 64623 on Lux Luthor's 15.6V Nimh pack and the combination throws like a Ukrainian shot putter.

turbo1sb2.jpg

Not the prettiest, but it works.

turbo2js5.jpg

Lot's of araldite showing.

beamshots tonight :cool:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Kick *** :cool: :devil:

So which cheap 2MCP spotlight?

Does it have a window/ reflector cover?( I assume thats the "Lot's of araldite showing" holding it on.....hard to see if there is glass there or not.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Raoul

The 2MCP spotlight is from Homebase (UK) but you should be able to use any of the generic "2MCP"+ spotlights. The glass window is from the same spotlight but glued on and sealed up with araldite.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the beamshots. Surefire M6 with 1185/3x17670 upgrade vs. 15MCP Thor Cyclops vs. M@g 623 with turbohead.

Camera settings: ISO 200, f4, 1/2s

1185shotor8.jpg

15mcpshotht2.jpg

623shotix5.jpg

Last edited:

N10

Newly Enlightened
holy S*#%......that's not too bad for an improvised turbohead...:]

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Monkeyboy- You still using this beast? And thanks for furthering your thread.

This is getting interesting. That thing does throw a bit doesn't it? Any idea how far your mod can usefully throw and still see what your illuminating? I am going to look around a bit and see what can be utilized.