SPY Speed Loading Batteries

Edwood

Enlightened
Thought I'd share how I swap batteries with my SPY 007. I keep CR123's in pairs in those old Kodak Advantix film canisters. Keep them flip flopped, where one is positive side up, and the other positive side down. When you need to swap batteries, remove used batteries, pop the top off of the Advantix canister, squeeze the sides of the canister, align with the SPY battery opening, and drop the batteries in.

Just like that. :)

Oh, and reverse polarity protection of the STFu board covers you if you put them in wrong.

Just another fun tip for the SPY's.

YouTube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi6_w53UZDw

High Def Vimeo Video
http://www.vimeo.com/1719759

-Ed

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh what model speed loader do you keep your bullets....errrr...Kodak Advantix film canister 123s in, a Galco??

Karl

Edwood

Enlightened
That would be cool to see that in a video. :twothumbs What do you use to pop the battery cap?

Heheh, I'll whip out my camcorder and post it up on YouTube later. ;)

I use my PDA Phone's Stylus to pop the 007's battery cap.

The Advantix film canisters have a tab that you can use to pop them off with your thumb. Very easy.

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
You can usually get Advantix film canisters for free, by just asking your local One Hour Photo place.

Edwood

Enlightened
Uploading to YouTube and Vimeo High Def right now. ;)

*Edit- Put links in first post. YouTube is up now, Vimeo is still processing.

-Ed

Last edited:

ibcj

Enlightened
Cool video Ed ! :thumbsup: Seems as though the canister is the perfect size for two batteries. Does anybody even use Advantix film anymore ?

Edwood

Enlightened
Eight seconds!
Probably impossible with any other flashlight.

I can do it even faster, I went slower to show how it's done better. ;)

Pretty easy to speed load other multicell lights with the batteries inline, rather than side by side, but it's the SPY's battery door that makes all the difference in speed. Others take a lot longer due to having to twist them on and off.

There really is no other flashlight that matches the speed, precision, and fun of the SPY's. :thumbsup: