custom drivers

jontawn

Newly Enlightened
Dear CPF

I wonder if you could help with answering a few questions i've got

I am currently using a driver from dealextreme that puts out 1050mA.... I have seen people modify drivers to 'double or triple up' - doubling or trippling the output of these units.

As I wanted to crack on with my little project, I wondered how feasable it would be to do this, and whether anyone within CPF could advise on how to go about mod'ing or building a custom driver?

FWIW, I have a led-tech 2800mA driver, but this wont fit in the housing I am using, hence my requirements to look at moding

cheers and thanks in advance,

Jonathan

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear CPF

I wonder if you could help with answering a few questions i've got

I am currently using a driver from dealextreme that puts out 1050mA.... I have seen people modify drivers to 'double or triple up' - doubling or trippling the output of these units.

As I wanted to crack on with my little project, I wondered how feasable it would be to do this, and whether anyone within CPF could advise on how to go about mod'ing or building a custom driver?

FWIW, I have a led-tech 2800mA driver, but this wont fit in the housing I am using, hence my requirements to look at moding

cheers and thanks in advance,

Jonathan

You either put the boards in parallel or desolder the AMC7135 chips from one board and attach them to another via some other means.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wondered about that, especially since he doesn't specifically say, but at 6-7.2 V battery voltage he should have had at least 1.6 A draw according to the KD chart.