Polarion 40W X1 / Ordered and Arrived

KenD

Newly Enlightened
After buying a redundant number of cree LED flashlights, and considering the amount of money expended, I decided to follow the wise elder who said something to the effect of: "you may as well get what you really want first, as you will still end up getting it eventually"

So, I have an X1 on order. Yes, it is expensive, but I think it is will be a treasured purchase. Does anyone else have this light who will comfort me that I won't have buyers remorse?

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: Ordered a Polarion 40W X1

I have an older, 35w Polarion HID, and it's absolutely rock solid. For situations where I need a lot of light, it's the first one I grab; I know it'll work, and I know it'll stand up to whatever I put it through. I'd feel very, very comfortable with your purchase! Great light, great liability, and loads of lumens. Enjoy!

And if you need more reassurance, just wait until Patriot36 finds this thread... =)

- FITP

TheGreyEminence

Newly Enlightened

LOL!
As you see from my Sig, i own both the PH40 and PH50....Both are incredible lights...one maybe more than the other...yes, they ARE *very* expensive but really worth the money! You can feel happy about your order :grin2:

Regards

SafetyBob

Enlightened

Ken you did not make a mistake at all!! All those Polarion lights are just incredible pieces of engineering.....someday, I will own one too!!!

It will be hard to go back to anything else....

Bob e.

Patriot

Flashaholic

There is nothing else like them available Ken. You didn't make a mistake. It will quickly become one of your most prized tools.

KenD

Newly Enlightened

Thank you all for the encouraging words. It is supposed to arrive the middle of next week, and I will let you know my first impressions.

RlxdN10sity

Newly Enlightened

WOW! I am a newbie to the grand world of serious flashlights, but I never imagined a flashlight could cost over $2k. I'm pretty floored. Amazing.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Ken, I noticed that the light being sold at 4Sevens.com is the 35W version. Where are the 40W X1's available at?

Thanks

Ken J. Good

Enlightened

They are a bit behind on their website.
It should be listed as 40W.

X1's ordered from Polarion-USA are 40W.

I have a couple of silver 35W's, demos left but that is then end for 35W X1's.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, Lower the price and sell 2x as much :)

Mac

Ditto that,maybe people would stop considering getting Chinese knockoffs.
I know i would...as i am still on the fence.For the second time..
The first time i bought one i regretted it since it was to much money for a light..then sold..now i want one again..because there is nothing better available but im having a hard time justifying the price...again..

Im sure sales would go through the roof... :whistle:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

All I can say is that despite the fact I balked at the price---even discounted:faint: I can say that my HP50 has performed way beyond what I had imagined and it was well worth it!

Karl

Ken J. Good

Enlightened

You convinced me.

I am going to call Polarion today and tell them I want everything now at 1/2 price so we can sell more units.

Oh what the heck, while I am asking, I am going to request a 1/4 the price discount.

I don't anticipate any pushback......:whistle:

Seriously, Polarion's are expensive and I don't expect any significant changes in that trend. They are not for everybody.

If you really want to get something that is not inexpensive: http://polarion-usa.com/pdfs/Night-Reaper-Specs.pdf

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:crackup:

Funny guy.

Yeah i`ll take two of those for the price of one PH-50..
When are these available btw?

I guess i`ll have to pony up...once more and get on the Horse..

Flashlights suck...(My wallet dry)....

I like the looks of the new light :D
Same guts as before but with more features?

Regards,
Benny

Morepower!

Enlightened

That's a very well put together Brochure for the Night-Reaper, very detailed and informative. If money was no object it would be hard to go past that light. I always tell my customers "you get what you pay for" or "there is no such thing as Santa Claus". I hope I havn't spoiled Xmas for anyone :naughty:.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

You convinced me.

I am going to call Polarion today and tell them I want everything now at 1/2 price so we can sell more units.

Oh what the heck, while I am asking, I am going to request a 1/4 the price discount.

I don't anticipate any pushback......:whistle:

Seriously, Polarion's are expensive and I anticipate no change in that trend.
They are not for everybody.

If you really want to get something that is not inexpensive: http://polarion-usa.com/pdfs/Night-Reaper-Specs.pdf

Since your in a playful mood My suggestion had nothing to do with Polarions pricing :) I know how much they cost :grin2:

Mac

Last edited: