• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave Notification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

In an attempt to give some advance notice, we can try this thread as a means for some prior heads up notification. When a new wave appears certain, I will place a post here. I say appears certain because the future is never a given or certainty for any of us.

I will lock this thread so that any of you subscribing to it will only then receive notification if I (or Bernie) have added to it; at least that is the theory.....

The wave itself will be a new and open thread obviously.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I plan to launch a wave of Ti PD-S lights tomorrow (Monday 9-15-08)

The Lights will be $440 plus shipping and any insurance requested. I will offer a Mizer option for an additional $10 ($450 plus shipping). The total quantity of PD-S in this wave will be a bit north of 40 lights. There is a very real chance that this will be the last wave of these.

I should add that I have just received the converters needed for the LunaSol 20's and that I will be building up some completed inventory of them so that I can launch a wave of them ASAP as well. I can't give any better ETA because that will depend on the activity generated by the PD-S wave among other more mundane things. In addition, I am also in a position to offer more of the SunDrops using the GD converters I just received but I would have to build the light engines. I do have a 3 speed converter in the works though and I think I should hold off on the SunDrop until I get these converters in (should ship any day now) as well as until things settle down with the PD-S and the LunaSol 20's.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
The intent of this notification was to give you heads up, no so that I would receive e-mails in advance of the wave asking to purchase one of these. My aim is to be fair and minimize the e-mail traffic and responses required.

Obviously it's too early to tell but this wave notification thread may be a mistake.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I hope to launch a wave or perhaps tide is a better term, of LunaSol 20 lights tomorrow (10-21-08) at some point. I still have the majority to complete in final assembly and don't want to launch the wave until they are all ready to ship. I should be ready though sometime tomorrow so that is the plan. I believe there will be more than enough of these to satisfy the initial demand so I don't believe there will be any need to "jump" at them. I will post a thread when it is time. Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I have a wave of SunDrop 3 speed lights that I will launch tomorrow. I had intended to launch the wave this afternoon but I forgot about this notification thread. Oops! :eek:

So tomorrow some time...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Tomorrow afternoon (2-10-09) I will be launching a wave of Titanium Haiku lights. These will go for $445 plus shipping. The initial wave will consist of ~ 40 lights and depending on how the wave passes through, I may add to it or decide to stop it and launch another later on.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Tomorrow afternoon (2-22-09) I will be launching another wave of Titanium Haiku lights. These will go for $445 plus shipping. This wave, like the last wave, will consist of ~ 40 lights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
My plan is to launch a wave of the Ti Sapphire this coming Sunday afternoon. This is of course subject to the creek not rising, whales not distracting and any number of unanticipated developments! :) The Sapphire will have a price of $150 and it will come bare bottom with no lanyard ring or lanyard. The wave will be roughly 50 lights in number.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
My plan is to launch a wave of the Ti Sapphire tomorrow afternoon, Monday May 11. The wave will be roughly 100 lights in number.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
My plan is to launch a June wave of Haiku sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks. :)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
On Wed afternoon (June 24, Hawaii time) I will launch a wave of LunaSol 20's. There will be about 50 lights in the wave so I expect it to handle the current interest, and then some.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
My bad! I forgot to put a heads up in this thread regarding a small wave of SunDrop XR-U lights that I launched yesterday.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I plan to launch a wave of Haiku lights as well as a small wave, that will be followed with more, of the SunDrop XR-U tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks for your continued support and interest! :eek:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
This notification is not really about a wave per se but it is a heads up and since I know some of you have subscribed to this thread it seems fitting that I give it.

In the next day or two, I am going to offer some Nichia UV (365nm) light options in a new thread.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sometime this week I will launch a wave of Haiku XP-G lights. As the name suggests, these are Haiku's but sporting a Cree XP-G based 3S light engine as well as a new McR-17-XP reflector.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tomorrow, Feb 1 2010, I will launch a wave of titanium 2xAA McClickie Paks. These will be available by themselves as well as an alternative option (at additional cost) with the SunDrop XR-U and Haiku XP-G lights presently being offered. The 2xAA paks are "E" series and Aleph compatible provided the intended LE is compatible with 2xAA batteries or some other battery configuration you might plan to stick in there.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Tomorrow afternoon (7-13-10) I will open a wave of the Makai flashlights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Monday afternoon (9-20-10) I will open a wave of the Makai 6V flashlights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Within the next 24 hours or so I will be adding High CRI Mules and Haikus to the offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.