Any D36 Lumens Factory LA's that fit this light?

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the wider D36 LA's provide greater throw than the D26 using
rechargeable's and what if any Lumens Factory's will work in this light?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wider reflector of the D36 does provide greater throw in general. Lumens Factory has a whole section of D36 sized lamp assemblies on their website. If you want to use two lithium ion batteries you'll need to buy one of the 9L series.

mdocod

Flashaholic
actually, sorry to say it, but the LumensFactory D36 lamps will only fit in 3 lights that I am aware of:

The Wolf-Eyes M90 series

The Pila GL4 series

and the FiveMega custom found here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/190517

---------------

The LF versions of the D36 lamps have a bit more girth at the bottom of the lamp assembly, and will not fit inside of the smaller heads of the 9 series wolf-eyes hosts, sorry.

--------------

With that in mind, if you're ok with a "standard" output lamp, and like the nice balance of output and runtime that can be had with the regular wolf-eyes D36 9V assembly, then there is nothing wrong with just using that lamp, and it could always be swapped for a D36 wolf-eyes LED module for greater flexibility.

Eric

Glen C

Enlightened
I can confirm Mdocod comments, the 9D only takes WE lamps, it has been designed as a very tight fit around the lamp to minimise bulk.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
mdocod said:
...the LumensFactory D36 lamps will only fit in 3 lights that I am aware of:

The Wolf-Eyes M90 series

The Pila GL4 series

and the FiveMega custom...

Isn't this forum amazing?

My questions are usually answered before I even ask them!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually, sorry to say it, but the LumensFactory D36 lamps will only fit in 3 lights that I am aware of:

The Wolf-Eyes M90 series

The Pila GL4 series

and the FiveMega custom found here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/190517

---------------

The LF versions of the D36 lamps have a bit more girth at the bottom of the lamp assembly, and will not fit inside of the smaller heads of the 9 series wolf-eyes hosts, sorry.

--------------

With that in mind, if you're ok with a "standard" output lamp, and like the nice balance of output and runtime that can be had with the regular wolf-eyes D36 9V assembly, then there is nothing wrong with just using that lamp, and it could always be swapped for a D36 wolf-eyes LED module for greater flexibility.

Eric

Are there any Wolf-Eyes that take SF compatible lamps? I learned from somebody the other day that the D26 sized Wolf-Eyes I was looking at won't take SF lamps either, only the Wolf-Eyes ones. I probably should have mentioned that in my original post.

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I have the 9dx with the turbo head and it will not take the d36 heads but at 200 lumens this light is quite good. I just got the Rattlesnake in that takes two 18650 batteries and put in the 450 lumen d36 and this light is nothing short of awesome and is now my front runner for an allaround do everything high output light. The 9dx is smaller and would make a good choice for a more compact carry or for a weapons mounted light with primaries (3- 123's) but if you want throw the 450 lumens is a kicker.

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Rattlesnake in that takes two 18650 batteries and put in the 450 lumen d36 and this light is nothing short of awesome.
Sounds good. Maybe I'll switch to this one. The size really doesn't matter, cause it would not be a carry light. Are you using the LRB-168A WE batteries and an EO-9L LA? Is the beam nice and white on this setup?

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I am using the WE batteries I got from Pacific Tactical Solutions and WE charger as well as the light. The beam is not pure white like a led but rather a very excellent Incan color that gives you good color detail and resolution. At night behind my house is all woods so I can see deep into the woods with very good detail. You won't be sorry with this set up.

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Bob. Pretty sure I'm gonna get one of these. BTW, how is the stock bulb for brightness? (vs the Lumens Factory bulb upgrade)

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Can't say as I stuck the 450 lumen unit in right from the get go. Since I bought the rechargeable set up ; Mike at PTS sent the 380 LF unit as the no charge upgrade for this package and that is still in the box awaiting a future use.
I just ordered two more Rattlesnakes; of which one is for a friend who saw my set up and liked it so well that he had to have one. The other is for myself to set up the new LF Warm White R2 d-36 unit to see what that unit is like.
I also have on order the 630 lumen LF bulb to try out in the 2.5 inch Turbo Head Rattlesnake to see what thats like. Since I ordered two plain Rattlesnakes without rechargeables and chargers (I have enough batteries and chargers already) the units should come with the stock WE bulbs so I'll let you know what thats like when it comes in and I get this all sorted out.