Fisrt taste of HID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a chance to use a vector HID spotlight at work yesterday which was an order for a customer. I had to try it out for myself and damn this thing was bright & now i want one. It was this one http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/eighth/powhid.htm
looks different though but this was the one. Any recommendations on others under 499.99 that are good & not in the price of a Polarion.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm a fan of AE lights, specifically the Xenide series. The Xe25W is about 1500 lumens and won't produce as much light or throw as the POB but it's solid, has friendly ergonomics and a longer run-time than the large spotlight. I own or at one time owned Wolf-eyes and Microfire light but am happier overall with the AE lights because of what I perceive to be a jump in quality compared to the others. The Xenide also throws farther than similar light because it has a great quality reflector.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow i feel stupid! :banghead:

Well, don't :) The regular HID forum junkies all have pet names and acronyms for these lights and until you're caught up with the lingo it can be confusing now and then. The Vector POB used to be called the Amondotech 3152 and the main difference between that light and the POB was that it had a warmer bulb color of around 4300K vs. the 6000K+ of the current POB.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fan of AE lights, specifically the Xenide series. The Xe25W is about 1500 lumens and won't produce as much light or throw as the POB but it's solid, has friendly ergonomics and a longer run-time than the large spotlight. I own or at one time owned Wolf-eyes and Microfire light but am happier overall with the AE lights because of what I perceive to be a jump in quality compared to the others. The Xenide also throws farther than similar light because it has a great quality reflector.

I'm going to have to agree with Patriot36.:D The POB is an excellent deal, but you just can't go wrong with the Xenide.;)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone offered me a X990 at a good price but which is better the X990 or the POB ?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Someone offered me a X990 at a good price but which is better the X990 or the POB ?

To my understanding the X990 is much higher quality than the POB in all ways except for throw. Even on spot mode the X990 won't even be close to the laser like throw of the POB. Patriot36 owns both of these lights so he would know best which one is a better choice.:)

I was in Downtown Atlanta tonight and shined my POB at a building EASILY 1 mile away, and I could see it putting light on the building, which was faint, but amazing for how far away it was. It was one of the farthest away objects I have ever hit with a light.

Last edited: