want a light to showoff:):):D

Zafar

Newly Enlightened
Hello all

This one is from India. greetings to all flasholics. Though this hobby is not a big one in india i have also caught on it. I bought a fenix tk10. impressive light but greed has just begun.

now i am eyeing a light that is :
longer thrower than the tk10 (more than 300 mtrs)
prefebly in LED
if not in LED the bulb should last long (as the replacement will be hard to found here )

and most important it should could have inbuilt rechargeable battery( just plug and recharge).

actually i got this flash thing in my brain some 10 years back when i saw a incadsent light in my friends house (his Dad was in security and has bought the light in Dubai), it was awesome could throw atleast 250 mtr (my guess), was rechargeable that can be pinned directly in the wall socket.

maybe i want to be a bragger , but the main thing i want this light is to showoff:):):D

so please help me in my show!!:popcorn:

Last edited:

Zafar

Newly Enlightened
Why do you need a built in recharger? that is going to narrow down the lights to almost none.

the commonly used CR123 are quite expensive here ( $5 a piece and that too non-rechargeable ) and hard to get in places other than big cities here and i find that a AA or AAA flash is not that thrower i would like.

thanks for the reply

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy rechargable Li-Ion cells from an online retailer or even AW who has a sales thread in the Marketplace

Look Here

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Depends on how dark it is. 300 meters might be a bit of a stretch with some ambient lighting but in a dark place it should be very possible.

There is also this.

If you want a light with cradle charging or plug directly to socket type charging, you won't be finding any great throwers. But if you don't mind taking out the batteries to charge them, then you will have a lot of choices.

Also have you looked into HIDs?

:welcome:

sabre7

Enlightened
Sounds like the light you remember was a Mag Charger- they are very bright and rechargeable without having to remove the battery, using a cradle that plugs into a wall socket for recharging. They come with a halogen bulb at 218 lumens.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I would recommend you don't worry about a light that can plug in. You have MANY more choices if you are okay with just removing the battery from the light and charging it in an external charger.

Takes just a few extra seconds to do and you get a much more robust and capable light.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a P7 powered light, I let a friend borrow mine today for ironically installing a car headlight and also ironically it was brighter that the hanging worklight he was using. Was also installing some wires earlier and a co-worker couldn't believe how insanely bright it is. You can show off amazing knurling, fine machining, and chrome polished aluminum all day but in the end when you turn on the light that's what people are blown away by or not.

surfinsmiley

Newly Enlightened

mitch79

Newly Enlightened
A showoff light you say...

Ok, how about a nice custom machined 1D 3x P7 Mag?

You'll need a 1D tri-bored host. Have a look in B/S/T, there's a few people here who can make you one. Jesus Hernandez comes to mind.

Find a Five Mega 3x17670 battery carrier, these come with a charge jack.

Fit a multi-sink and 3x P7's in series.

2400 lumens with ~30min runtime in direct drive. That should give you the WOW factor :devil:

Zafar

Newly Enlightened
Depends on how dark it is. 300 meters might be a bit of a stretch with some ambient lighting but in a dark place it should be very possible.

There is also this.

If you want a light with cradle charging or plug directly to socket type charging, you won't be finding any great throwers. But if you don't mind taking out the batteries to charge them, then you will have a lot of choices.

Also have you looked into HIDs?

:welcome:

thanks gunner for the welcome,
can i get a HID for 100 $ with life of 7000 to 10000 hrs?

thanks

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Why do you need 7000+ hours of life? Most HIDs are around 5000 hours from what I see(it this right?)if you use your light 4 hours a day everyday, that is over 3 years of life before you have to replace the lamp.

The Vector Power On Board 35w is within that price range, it is the only HID right now that I know of that you can buy for under $100. It's pretty big though.

Zafar

Newly Enlightened
Why do you need 7000+ hours of life? Most HIDs are around 5000 hours from what I see(it this right?)if you use your light 4 hours a day everyday, that is over 3 years of life before you have to replace the lamp.

finding a replacement here in india will be next to impossible and i think new technology will render it useless to order one for 20$ shipping

also i calulated only for 2 hrs a day so that it could last me 10 yrs so that i can pass it on to my children:D:D

actually in india the most important thing for a showoff is to last a lifetime so that you can pass it on generation to generations which make for a bigger showoff for the ones who inherit it . but i may be thinking too far for a 100$ thingy

anyway thanks for the reply gunner you are a most helpful one and thanks to others too.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For passing down from generation to generation will still keeping the wow factor might be hard. I'd say keep with small and bright light here because most people attribute small with dim. A small but bright light, even with old technology can still surprise people. But a small light won't throw far.

I'm thinking a twistie single mode CR123 light powered by a RCR123 might work. Small, usually lower priced, simple, and lots of output for the size.

Zafar

Newly Enlightened
thanks gunner
i found what i can do with right now from your suggestion
it will be a HID : POB (Power On Board HID Spotlight), i know its big but what i read here on CPF, its awesome!!

just need to find the china manufacturer so that i can order directly from our neighbours :) and save some mulah
could you help?

thanks again