EXTREMELY Rare Lights... Let's See Them!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that some of us possess some extremely rare lights. One-of-a-kinds, one of 10, one of 100, etc. KI, rare HDS, rare McGizmo, rare SureFire, etc. Beta lights, "thank you" gifts from friends in the industry, limited production run lights, etc.

I thought it would be fun to see a thread dedicated to the rarest of the rare. Let's say the rules are:

- Must be 100 or fewer ever made
- Must share pictures and thoughts
- What is the story behind the light?

Thank you!:thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Here's 2 of mine:

- On the left a diamond-coated Drake. IIRC, there are only 4 of them "in the wild". One is in Modamag's personal collection, my good friend the Vegan has the other one, and I don't know who's got the last one.

- To the right a custom CR2 light made by Larry (tvodrd). This one's a bit of an oddity. It has an Li-14430 head (if you don't know which famous light this is, you're missing out on a major piece of CPF) and a custom cut-down and bored Arc AA battery tube. Larry made only 2 of those (CY has the other one). I built a "shortstacked" sammie for it, and put a 2-stage switch in there (CY's has 3 stages). The optic is custom & cut-down. I put a load of pure blue GID material behind it, so it glows like mad. :D

glsdrakesizecomparo5zl2.jpg

I also have a custom greenLED Qiii that rscanady made for me, and a PVC light that Master Milky sent me.

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Purple SureFire A2. Around 8 or 10 made. At least 2 of these now live in the UK - one for me and one for Size15s :D One of my most prized lights, if not the most.

A20580 Curse SOLD to AuroraLite
A20581 ???
A20582 ???
A20583 ???
A20584 ???
A20585 madox-01 SOLD to ErikMack
A20586 Curse
A20587 Size15's.
A20588 Blahblahblah
A20589 Tempest UK

So there are 6 of them that CPF knows about. It's a pretty safe assumption that the four "???" also represent purple A2s, but you never quite know.

raresfss3.jpg

Orange SureFire C2. I've never seen another one of these. It would surprise me if there really is only one of these out there, but I'm just not aware of others.

sfc2or3vz4.jpg

As for the stories behind them...there isn't much to say. SureFire have developed the strange habit of sending me colourful models when I order regular versions...

Regards,
Tempest

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the few rarer lights I own:

rare1.jpg

from left to right:
1 of 20 stainless steel Mr.Bulk Dragonhearts
1 of 40 anodized aluminum Gatlight V2
1 of 9 black smoke chrome plated aluminum Mr.Bulk Dragonhearts. About 60 or 70 aluminum dragonhearts were produced. Lips offered a plating service and before these were actually build Mr.Bulk sent them over to Lips for the plating. When they returned, Mr.Bulk built them and sent them off to their new owners. 9 of them received the black smoke chrome coating, which is very hard to capture in pictures. Not to be confused with the black HA dragonhearts.

rare2.jpg

from left to right:
This would be an ordinary Orb Raw, but the fellow messerforum.net member I was lucky enough to snatch it from custom machined the head. I really like it that way. Should be a one of a kind Orb Raw.
1 of 8 Orb Raw TiAg, body made of titan while it´s head is made of sterling silver. Supposed to be only 8 in existance.
1 of 28 Orb Raw Da made by Rob, issued with a nice certificate.

rare3.jpg

again from left to right:
chrome plated Orb Raw NS, I guess it is a one of a kind, at least I am not aware of any other chrome plated NS. Plating was done my Modamag.
1 of 100 Gatlight V3 Tuxedo (serial numbers 201-300, while 1 bis 200 were for the Ti models)
Desert camoflage CR2Ion, supposed to be only two of them in existance. Can´t tell much about it since I bought it again from a messerforum.net member. Again pretty hard to capture, looks pretty cool in person.

Eric

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Another one of "Larry's Custom Creations"!

-I didn't know what to call it, so "LarryLight + McR-38 reflector + ARC-LS twisty tailcap" = "LLMcRARC"-

"1 of 1"
(AFAIK)

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you everyone! This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. :wave:

Sigman, that is such a great light and before today I didn't even know about it.

Eric42, love the MR Bulks, and Im so itching for an Orb Da.

Tempest UK, I was hoping you would chime in with your special lights. What a collection.

Now, let's get EricMack, AreWeThereYetDad, McGizmo, ChipWillis, Carpe Diem, DaFabricata, Size15s, etc. to chime in. :twothumbs

bf1

Enlightened
PD27LTProto.jpg

27LTProto.jpg

Atwood.jpg

1) PD 27LT Proto 1 of 4
2) 27LT Proto 1 of 3 or 4?
3) Lunasol 27/Atwood 1 of 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much like the orange C2, I have no idea if there are any more of these, but I haven't seen any. 6P-OD with PK logo on the bezel:

6ppkhm7.jpg

Regards,
Tempest

donn_

Flashaholic
Here are a couple of unique Ti lights:

007-21.jpg

On the bottom is TB's "Raptor." It's a one-off, with a Surefire Clicky clone, also in Ti.

On top is a Lego consisting of a Ti Mirage_Man A1 clone, a TB 18650 tube modified by arewethereyetdad, griff and RPM. The tail is a TB Surefire Twisty clone.

These two lights carry the only C-series Ti tail caps TB has ever made. I've never seen C-series caps in Ti from anyone else, either.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple of unique Ti lights:

007-21.jpg

On the bottom is TB's "Raptor." It's a one-off, with a Surefire Clicky clone, also in Ti.

On top is a Lego consisting of a Ti Mirage_Man A1 clone, a TB 18650 tube modified by arewethereyetdad, griff and RPM. The tail is a TB Surefire Twisty clone.

These two lights carry the only C-series Ti tail caps TB has ever made. I've never seen C-series caps in Ti from anyone else, either.

ROTFLMAO:devil: I just supplied the tools:crackup::crackup:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'm joking with this first one, but here it is anyway:
batsignal.jpg

Or, this Arc AAA from the last day of production (old company):

arc1.jpg

Or how about these green lug Arc AA's, which according to PG are two of "less than a dozen."
arc005Large.jpg

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the only pic I have handy. It's an X bin LuxV ArcMania KI one CR2 (obviously underdriven :D ). I'm pretty sure it's the only one.

watchsmall1xl.jpg

-LT

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread guys!

I've wanted to see a Larry Light in person for quite a while now. I think he lives within 15-20 minutes of me...I know there's at least one nearby. Anyone heard from him lately?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
826a47dd.jpg

Lux_Golden_Dragon_5W_640x480.jpg

The "Golden Dragon" McLux Set. 1 of 1.
Made by McGizmo for me and never left my home. It is al with a TiN coating, the PR head is a X-bin LuxV and the Standard head an R2 binned LuxI.
It has a custom clip with "Golden Dragon" hand engraved.
A very prized possession.

Blue-A1-2x123.jpg

Blue Aleph1; about a dozen were made.

Mc15.jpg

This 1 of 1 prototype by McGizmo is the predecessor of the LunaSol lights with a LuxV in the center and a switching collar.
It is about 5 years old and some really cool CPF history. I got it in one of Don's garage auctions.

McGizmo1.jpg

The one in the back, the so-calles C2/M2-Cyan-Mod, is the world's second LuxV torch. A Cyan torch. Reral history.
I got it in a CPF auction in the good old days ... it was the day I joined CPF. I joined for this one and because Don told me so :D

McLuxIII-T2.jpg

McLuxIII-T ... Don't first ti light. 37 were build. Or something like that.

MCRedeye04.jpg

MCRedEye02.jpg

MCRedEye03.jpg

The RedEye, a one-off by McGizmo. It is a SF E3e prototype modded by Don with 7 x Rebel LEDs and a red center rebel for color rendition. It is a true regulated 2-stage upon rotating the head. The coolest light I have.

ICEBK1.jpg

SF proto ICE head by PK. There are some of those floating around here.

CR2II2.jpg

Larry's CR2-II. Another CPF legend. I won a huge raffle once ... and got this light. Unbelievable luck. Germany scored all two of them that were raffled.

bernie