Need driver from DX sku 11074 to mod Tiablo A9. Who has???

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
I recently picked up DX sku 11074 to mod a light and I love that high is 1200ma @ 3.7v and it has a HI-MED-LO group without strobe ect.
We all know the A9 isn't designed to uses a 18650 as the primary and that regulation on a single 18650 stinks, but I would like to convert mine to 3.7 only.

My flashaholism isn't quite bad enough to order a entire module just to pirate the driver, so I need a source.

link to DX module <a href="http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11074" target="_blank">http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11074</a>

link to lightreviews.com <a href="http://www.light-reviews.com/dx_sku_11074/" target="_blank">http://www.light-reviews.com/dx_sku_11074/</a>
notice it has two groups with no strobe/sos/ect in them

Mods (DM51).. I know this is borderline on a no-no with being so specific about a DX product and all, but it is really about upgrading the UI and usefulness of a Tiablo A9, not about some DX product.

That being said, I was very impressed with sku 11074 and very highly recommend it. in fact, I am getting a new light (A9) because I loaned a P60 host with the 11074 and sku 5937 (SMO reflector) and the guy refused to give it back and gave me $50 instead LOL. (freakin MADE money !!! how often does that happen in THIS hobby?)
I WANT THIS DRIVER PLEASE HELP

BTW, the 0-100% goes lower than my D10 on low. Maybe 60% as bright. I want that versatility in my NEW A9.

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Hmm... lol. It's a fair one. However, as it is it is about a modification, I'm moving it to Homemade & Modified.

Not a problem, thanks.
Thanks for deleting the other thread also.:thumbsup:

I was considering here (HM&Mod) but wasn't sure.
I hope I get some decent replies.
:shrug:

I looked at DX sku 7882 but I want the same UI as 11074.
Maybe I'll go look at the place we don't mention.:sssh:

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
ok... bump and a detail of the modes taken from the reviews page

Group #1: Low > High
Leave on Low, after 3 seconds light blinks twice. Half-press within 2 seconds of blinks goes to Group #2.
Group #2: High > Medium > Tactical Strobe
Leave on Medium, after 3 seconds light blinks twice. Half-press within 2 seconds of blinks goes to Group #3.
Group #3: User-defined brightness setting (ie. 0-100% ramping)
Leave on, after 3 seconds light blinks twice. Switch off for between 1 to 2 seconds of blinks goes to Group #4.
A half-press at any other time in Group #3 ramps up brightness. During ramping sequence, light blinks at 50% and 100% as a reminder.
Switch off for more than 1 second sets brightness level.
Group #4: Low > Medium > High > Tactical Strobe > "..-" (U.) Blink Sequence > "...---..." (S.O.S.) Blink Sequence
Leave on Low, after 3 seconds light blinks twice. Half-press within 2 seconds of blinks goes to Group #5.
Group #5: High > Medium > Low
Leave on Low , after 3 seconds light blinks twice. Half-press within 2 seconds of blinks goes to Group #1.

group 5 is ****
high is blaster mode, medium is maybe 80 lumens, low is perhaps 30-ish

group 3 gives you low-low-low
as much as people ask about low-low here, it seems that this would be a nice driver to have.

anyone?

Last edited:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best for an 18650 light like the Tiablo A9 is the driver you call SKU7882. It has flat regulation on 18650 and also works with 2xCR123(primary only) and all NiMH cells that fit the tube, an eneloop will give half the output in an emergency. The A9 has a bigger driver diameter, 22mm I think. I have used 'soft' thermal glue, Fujik or similar, to pot the driver in Tiablos I have modded. Neg. is via a wire to the previous drivers contact ring. Just solder a little spring the drivers battery positive to get the battery contact in order.

That driver has a group with low-med-high only.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
The best for an 18650 light like the Tiablo A9 is the driver you call SKU7882.

Every one of these I purchased was inoperable. I've read the "fix" thread and performed the fix and only 2 out of 5 to work. Has this problem been corrected?

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every one of these I purchased was inoperable. I've read the "fix" thread and performed the fix and only 2 out of 5 to work. Has this problem been corrected?

I don't know, I have been getting these from all batches made, must be 50-60 or even more in total. The only one not working I killed myself.

/Stefan

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
I've been reading the comments on the A9 page and it seems DX doesn't know when they will have them in stock (long term backorder) :shakehead

Maybe I'll get the DBS clone instead and mod the driver on that. :whistle:

I still need a driver.

COMMENT FROM DX QUESTION ON THIS LIGHT about the pill coming out

""""Yes, but it does not match the size of the Dereelight however. As far as I know you would have to buy a replacement board here on DX and solder it in. The "pill" comes out easily, I did mine with two ball point pens. The LED is on a small board (14mm-16mm?). The circuit is soldered to the pill, with a small spring soldered onto the board as well."""

the poster didn't comment if he had tried a P60 module to screw in but it might just be :D

I think I'm gonna order this light and some P60 components and see if one will fit.
One of them HAS to fit !

NetKidz

Enlightened
Hi gratewhitehuntr,

The driver is easy to find in China. I think it's ZhanQi V6 and it's about CNY$40 + shipping. The modes could be customized when ordering.

I bought a D26 pill and also the driver boards (the modes are the same in #4). But the PWM frequency is low and the choke also humming.... I don't use them anymore. :ohgeez: If you want to try it and willing to pay the shipping, I could send you one or two driver boards for free. PM me for your shipping detail.

Thanks. :)

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13268

OOPs forgot the link to the DBS clone :ohgeez:

I've ordered one and am very excited to see what size the pill is.
I also ordered a couple of DX P60 module bodies in case the pill has different threads.

I'm hoping they did a parts bin raid to get this pill.

If I can find it empty and make up a couple of different ones then it will be an ALMOST DBS. :whistle:

Somewhere in the comments it was mentioned that the finish isn't really bronze-ish like the pics

oh man I'm excited

now.... back to the driver
let me see what shipping costs from Taiwan...

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
crap
it submitted all but the pics?

ok so how about this pill ?
sku_13268_3.jpg

sku_13268_2.jpg

I don't care if I have to BEG China, I want a extra pill or two.
sku_13268_9.jpg

say hello to my new light :kiss:

:popcorn::popcorn:

kavvika

Enlightened
What about this driver from KD? It's AMC7135 based (pretty well "regulated" on 3.7v Li-Ion) and has two modes: high (1amp) and low (150mA).

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Could you give me the dimension for this reflector?

SO tempting to mod this light too :grin2: but i think modding V 68C is cheaper for me:popcorn:

You can mod this with AMC7135 1400mA. This might out throw DBS v2

unfortunately I don't have it in my hands yet
headbang.gif

BUT from a comment at DX

"The reflector is about 40mm deep. I have a friend with a Dereelight DBS V2 3SD and this light was very comparable to that in throw and every other way. His may have had slightly more throw, but both of us were unsure (this one with 2 RCR123 - his with 18650) Anyway, that is pretty good to be so close to that very nice light. I believe his reflector was deeper, but can't recall for sure."

also
if you look at this pic (the bezel diameter is 43 and change)
you ans see the reflector is close to the bezel
I would say 38-40-ish
sku_13268_4.jpg

OK so even if these two were idiots (it happens) if it is even close then I am interested.
The "pill" concept also has me very excited.

What about this driver from KD? It's AMC7135 based (pretty well "regulated" on 3.7v Li-Ion) and has two modes: high (1amp) and low (150mA).

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2406347#post2406347

go forth and read
the AMC 7135 stuff is ok but goes into direct drive :sick2:

this looks to be really whoopin the emitters ***
plus seems to actually regulate 1000ma down to

sku_11074_6.jpg

FREAKIN WOW !!!

Last edited:

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13268

OOPs forgot the link to the DBS clone :ohgeez:

I've ordered one and am very excited to see what size the pill is.
I also ordered a couple of DX P60 module bodies in case the pill has different threads.

I'm hoping they did a parts bin raid to get this pill.

If I can find it empty and make up a couple of different ones then it will be an ALMOST DBS. :whistle:

Somewhere in the comments it was mentioned that the finish isn't really bronze-ish like the pics

oh man I'm excited

now.... back to the driver
let me see what shipping costs from Taiwan...

1. Happy New Year!

2. Were you able to put Q5-WC 3-Mode 0~100% LED Drop-In Module (3.7V) (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11074) into the Cree R2 DBS clone above (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13268)?

3. I already have and want to put the Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Drop-in LED Module for Flashlights (3.6V~8.4V) (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14442) into the DBS clone so it will have memory feature if sku 11074 fits in it.

4. Is it possible to disable the 5 modes in the stock pill/driver in sku 13268 so it will be a single mode DBS clone?

5. Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

KowShak

Enlightened
I've had two recently, one came with wires soldered, the other did not, but both worked.