• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Conquistador -- A Ti Custom Rebuild

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some time ago, Chip Valtakis sent me his already modified Pierce M10, into which he had crammed a P7. The light thus has three brightness levels, plus strobe. There is no reflector, nor optic, so the light is designed for a flood beam

Here's what arrived:

CVPierceM10.jpg

Chip gave me full rein on the make-over; at first I was just going to do something simple--a new battery tube and bezel, but things just didn't look right with any part of the M10 showing, so I just designed a new light around the LE, and here's what will be shipping out tomorrow:

CV-Conquistador.jpg

CV-Conquistador3.jpg

Hope Chip doesn't cut his fingers on those sharp edges. :crackup: :devil:

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bow:

Awsome job.

Got any more details?
Reflector,light material etc etc..

That looks like it took a hell of a while to do.

Keep em commin.
Benny

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke:Hey Benny--you just like to look at the pics, right? And not read a thing, right?

>A CustomTi Rebuild

Translation:
Ti = Titanium

>There is no reflector, nor optic
Translation:
There is no reflector, there is no optic

HTH. :nana: :crackup: :devil:

And, yes, it did take a lot of time to make.

Thanks, btw, for the kind words of praise, and I hope you'll take my ribbing in good humor.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crazy:

:crackup:

Ive been a bit off lately.

But i did think you just described the light in its prior condition.
the Ti part i missed totally...

I guess i got carried away by the shear beuty.Chicks do the same to me...i just go Boom Chika Chika Boom Boom :kiss: And get funny looks.

:crackup:

Awsome nevertheless.
:laughing:

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Beautiful Fred, I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it. You've got some better detail pics, you should show 'em with the progress shots ;)

~Chip

p.s. I should've had you leave the ding in the tail, then I wouldn't feel so paranoid when I use it ;)

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find your work and attention to the details amazing! That is another fine piece of work you have created Fred.:rock:

aljsk8

Enlightened
wow - i think this is one of your best yet

i think i need to get another
as your skillz improve

Alex

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Sorry for the crappy celphone pics, but I did finally get around to getting it fully dressed out, three green trits and teal/green ano accents.

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

I also cut down a McR 20 to get a little more light out the front and added some light diffusion film to clear up the subsequent donuthole. The result is an absolute WALL of light, I love this thing.

Thanks again Fred, I can't express how much of a pleasure it's been working with you and I look forward to further collaborations;)

~Chip

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . .

IMAG0134.jpg

. . .

Thanks again Fred, I can't express how much of a pleasure it's been working with you and I look forward to further collaborations;)

~Chip

Aw, Chip, you're making me remember that I've been wanting to do something similar for a long time. So, did you mask off the unanodized areas, or did you turn it down in the lathe?

I would have gone for a purple hue, more suited to a Conquistador than turquoise, no? But I personally love that turquoise color--it is great on the Killers, thanks to you.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
LOL, a little bit of both, initially masked off then cleaned up with some 320 grit wet/dry. I actually thought about blue or purple, but the this looked so good with the trits in low light;)

~Chip

p.s. Sorry for getting cut off so abruptly today, I'll give you a call tomorrow when I've got the whole plant to myself;)

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Evolution continues--The Conquistador II

Conquistador-Vertical.jpg

Conquistador-Slant.jpg

Conquistador-LED.jpg

Conquistador-Head.jpg

TelluriumModule.jpg

Made of 6AL4V Titianium. Seoul P4 U2SV0H driven by a GD1000 and housed in a Tellurium copper LE. The twisty uses an 18500 battery, has three slots for Trit vials, and there are two holes for a split ring, allowing tailstanding. O-ring sealed.

Last edited: