Gas shortage

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's with the gas shortage???

Sometimes I think the media hypes this stuff so much that everyone really thinks that there is a shortage.

Did the hurricane really put that much of a cramp on production? High gas prices is one thing, but no gas.:shrug:

Who else has a shortage problem in their state?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Not too bad here, just high prices averaging above $4.30 at most stations. Luckily the station inside the complex where I work has no shortage, and no price increase :devil:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
No gas shortage in southern California. It dropped to $3.57 in my town this morning. Although my car is getting lousier mileage on the newer gas. They might have switched to the winter grade (they sometimes oxygenate the gas and it doesn't help).

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's with the gas shortage???

Sometimes I think the media hypes this stuff so much that everyone really thinks that there is a shortage.

Did the hurricane really put that much of a cramp on production? High gas prices is one thing, but no gas.:shrug:

Who else has a shortage problem in their state?
Don't want to go to far but here's how I see it. A) No shortage, another "contrived" crises. B) Media hype, right on target. C) No. D) No "shortage" here. :faint:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No gas shortage in southern California. It dropped to $3.57 in my town this morning. Although my car is getting lousier mileage on the newer gas. They might have switched to the winter grade (they sometimes oxygenate the gas and it doesn't help).
Another great example of fraud IMO. Just tamper with the "mix" so the car doesn't run as well and uses more fuel at the same time. I have noticed this for quite some time now. If you have a solution let me know would ya? :)

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The gas shortage is very bad here in Georgia, especially on the weekends. A lot of the time it is very difficult to find a station that isn't out. The station we last filled up at had a $40 limit.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
You in the US and your low gas prices :) ..... no shortage at all over here in germany but you still have to pay more than $8/gallon :( .

Eric

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The shortage is caused for a very simple reason. The refiners and platforms on the coast were temporarily shut down for Ike. You simply cannot flip a switch and have them all pumping back out gas. So, the supply for the southeast US is a bit on the low side. Locations directly on the coast near the affected areas don't have gas because no one wants to deliver to the region, especially when much of it has no power anyhow. The general region is a little tight because there is less gas to go around. No, it's not a huge amount, but it's enough to pinch. The cities on the very end of the pipelines coming up from the working refiners in at the gulf are getting the short end of the stick. Everyone else before them is taking their share of gas out of the pipeline, and by the time it reaches the end there is none to be had. Nashville has been hit quite hard this way, being the last on the line.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
Nashville has been hit quite hard this way, being the last on the line.

From what I read on a few news sites, Nashville's problem was a rumor that got out of hand. Somehow a rumor was started that they were running out of fuel, so everyone ran out and started filling up. The media reported on the rumor, and everything was set in motion! They created their own shortage. Since I read it on the internet, it has to be true!

Roger

raggie33

*the raggedier*
no gas shortage here i make my own with bolied eggs and baked beans