DX.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Enlightened

Default New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It is a K2 LUXEON LED powered by a Six "AAA" battery carrier. It has a multi mode switch with high being 170 lumen & 85 lumen low. The price is marked at $39.99.

Does anyone have information on this model?

Last edited by cleetus03; 10-07-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Low mode is 85 lum not 45

Default Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART!

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus03 View Post
    Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It was powered by two triple "AAA" battery carriers. Not only that but it was multi mode with 170 lumens being the high setting. I totally forgot the low setting but believe it was more then half the power of high mode. Finally the price was set at $39.99.

'
    Somehow I doubt those AAA's last for very long.

Great, 6xAAA. Double the crappiness of the 3xAAA lights

Flashaholic*

Tactical Craftsman
    Next they'll have tactical nail guns with vertical front grips and lasers and an optional banana clip. And of course a mount for this light.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Smells like a Dorcy re-brand of some sort.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

i really don't like these type of lights. i can't imagine someone trying to replace the batteries.

if it is a rebadged dorcy, those are horrible. they are only the full output at the very very beginning and already dropping in the first minutes.

Rant Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART!

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    Great, 6xAAA. Double the crappiness of the 3xAAA lights
    Whoo Hoo!

I could go on and on but I think it better to stop here.
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    Next they'll have tactical nail guns with vertical front grips and lasers and an optional banana clip. And of course a mount for this light.
    we already sell those...
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    we already sell those...
    WHAT!?!?!? And I don't have one?

I'd like to add that I'm pretty sure I've seen a Dorcy somewhere that has the same specs and cell config. as this guy and I think it used the new K2.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

craftsman doesnt make anything... they rebadge everything, the tools are made by anderson, who also makes snap-on, matco, and SK.

the lights are all dorcys.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    craftsman doesnt make anything...*SNIP*the lights are all dorcys.
    I've seen a few that weren't Dorcy. Were can I find these tactical nail guns, I've searched like crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    I've seen a few that weren't Dorcy. Were can I find these tactical nail guns, I've searched like crazy?
    its on the craftsman military sales website.

Enlightened

Just uploaded pics of it to my pc but I am not authorized to add attachments? If someone can help me add pics, I'll attach them asap.

You have to upload pictures to a 3rd party hosting site like photobucket or imageshack, and insert them via the "insert image" icon above.

Enlightened

AWWWE I SEE, now I feel like a dumbass...Oh well you only get to be a newbie once...lol Just posted the pics

Enlightened

Default Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Powered the thing up as soon as it got dark and holy sh&t this thing is bright. Up until now I thought my 6PL was bright until I bought a Taskforce 2C Cree which impressed me even more, that is until now. This light is currently the brightest flashlight I have ever personally held. Has a huge hotspot & throws pretty darn far well to me at least! If yall think this sucks then I'd imagine a M60 in my 6P is going to blow my mind!

I Wrote a thread not too long back about why "3aaa" flashlights are so horrible and got the overall jist that "aaa" batteries are whats so horrible. So I assume the general consensus on this light is going to be poor due to it having not 1 triple aaa carrier but two.

With that being said, tomorrow Iím going to kill the brand new e2 lithium batteries I just bought and provide yall a runtime both alkaline & lithium. I also appreciate any further info any of yall can give me on this light & its specs.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Mod it with 2xC li ion cells?

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post
    Mod it with 2xC li ion cells?

C would be too wide. 2x18500's would probably be the best option, and only one that would make the light worth while IMO.

Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It is a K2 LUXEON LED powered by a Six "AAA" battery carrier. It has a multi mode switch with high being 170 lumen & 45 lumen low. The price is marked at $39.99.

Identical to the Dorcy I keep in my Truck in a bright aluminum polish finish... good light.

Yeah that is made exactly like my Dorcy 3.85 watt. Not a bad light, but the contact point on mine got dirty after not much use which caused some flickering issues. Was fine after a little cleaning.

I do like that it is a thrower, but the tint is a little too blue for my liking. I hope they addressed that by now.

Unenlightened

im a new guy.
    anyway our local kmart is closing and everything is 30% off so i bought this light and am amazed by it! its light, small enought to carry, 2 settings but the low setting is very very close to the high setting. this is the brightest light ive owned so far. before this i owned a light i bought from mac tools. im guessing that was a dorcey as well.
    the one thing about this light is that the high setting is 170 and the low is 85. not 45 like stated.

Unenlightened

C would be too wide. 2x18500's would probably be the best option, and only one that would make the light worth while IMO.
    im new. what are those and can i buy them at any local store? or online? is there a link to them, id like to try it with this light

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoci View Post
    im new. what are those and can i buy them at any local store? or online? is there a link to them, id like to try it with this light
    You would be hard pressed to find them at even a battery specialty store. You can buy from of DealExtreme, but as far as I know they are not tested with this light yet, and I would wait until a more experienced modder/member tries it first to see if it's safe.

I'll bet that those two 3AAA carriers are in parallel and that together they direct-drive the K2. Corollary to that would be that two 18500s would fry the LED.

Unenlightened

is there a brighter and better light for that kind of $$$??

Quote Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
    I'll bet that those two 3AAA carriers are in parallel and that together they direct-drive the K2. Corollary to that would be that two 18500s would fry the LED.

If so, an 18650 w/spacer would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoci View Post
    is there a brighter and better light for that kind of $$$??
    Sure, almost everything.

Unenlightened

Sure, almost everything.
    where i live we only have chain stores. everyplace sells all the same lights. i was wondering for the $30 i paid for this light...what can i buy for $30 that is in a local store that is better?

It looks like the same light costco is selling in a double pack at $29.99ish, the second light is a shorter 3xaa version.