New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

cleetus03

Newly Enlightened
New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It is a K2 LUXEON LED powered by a Six "AAA" battery carrier. It has a multi mode switch with high being 170 lumen & 85 lumen low. The price is marked at $39.99.

Does anyone have information on this model?

craftsmanbyitselfkb8.jpg

craftsmanpiecedapartjn7.jpg

craftsmanflashlightwi3.jpg

Last edited:

insanefred

Enlightened
Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART!

Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It was powered by two triple "AAA" battery carriers. Not only that but it was multi mode with 170 lumens being the high setting. I totally forgot the low setting but believe it was more then half the power of high mode. Finally the price was set at $39.99.

'
Somehow I doubt those AAA's last for very long.

Marduke

Flashaholic

Great, 6xAAA. Double the crappiness of the 3xAAA lights :twothumbs

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

i really don't like these type of lights. i can't imagine someone trying to replace the batteries.

if it is a rebadged dorcy, those are horrible. they are only the full output at the very very beginning and already dropping in the first minutes.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

we already sell those...

WHAT!?!?!? And I don't have one?

I'd like to add that I'm pretty sure I've seen a Dorcy somewhere that has the same specs and cell config. as this guy and I think it used the new K2.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

craftsman doesnt make anything...*SNIP*the lights are all dorcys.

I've seen a few that weren't Dorcy. Were can I find these tactical nail guns, I've searched like crazy?

cleetus03

Newly Enlightened

Just uploaded pics of it to my pc but I am not authorized to add attachments? If someone can help me add pics, I'll attach them asap.

Marduke

Flashaholic

You have to upload pictures to a 3rd party hosting site like photobucket or imageshack, and insert them via the "insert image" icon above.

cleetus03

Newly Enlightened

AWWWE I SEE, now I feel like a dumbass...Oh well you only get to be a newbie once...lol Just posted the pics

cleetus03

Newly Enlightened
Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Powered the thing up as soon as it got dark and holy sh&t this thing is bright. Up until now I thought my 6PL was bright until I bought a Taskforce 2C Cree which impressed me even more, that is until now. This light is currently the brightest flashlight I have ever personally held. Has a huge hotspot & throws pretty darn far well to me at least! If yall think this sucks then I'd imagine a M60 in my 6P is going to blow my mind!

I Wrote a thread not too long back about why "3aaa" flashlights are so horrible and got the overall jist that "aaa" batteries are whats so horrible. So I assume the general consensus on this light is going to be poor due to it having not 1 triple aaa carrier but two.

With that being said, tomorrow I'm going to kill the brand new e2 lithium batteries I just bought and provide yall a runtime both alkaline & lithium. I also appreciate any further info any of yall can give me on this light & its specs.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New 170 lumen Craftsman Flashlight at K-MART! "PICS ADDED with Revised Details!"

Mod it with 2xC li ion cells?

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened

Was at my local K-MART today and made a visit to the flashlight section. To my amazement I saw a new Tactical Craftsman led model with a 170 LUMEN rating. It is a K2 LUXEON LED powered by a Six "AAA" battery carrier. It has a multi mode switch with high being 170 lumen & 45 lumen low. The price is marked at $39.99.

craftsmanbyitselfkb8.jpg

craftsmanpiecedapartjn7.jpg

craftsmanflashlightwi3.jpg

Identical to the Dorcy I keep in my Truck in a bright aluminum polish finish... good light.