• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CreeBar

thegeek

Enlightened
I have read through most of the CreeBar thread and looked at the options available at the Shoppe, but I am still not certain what parts are what and what I need to complete one of these.

I currently have both LED's and drivers, the LED's are on stars (which I assume isn't a problem). I would rather use the MCPET cutout than reflectors. With this in mind, what parts do I need to fully complete one? Do I need the CreeBar Kit, the CreeBar, and the MCPET; or will ordering all three give me multiples of the same parts? Is the lens that comes with the CreeBar Kit opaque or clear? The CreeBars will thread onto a standard camera tripod without any modifications correct?

Thanks for the help.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
You need to buy the CreeBar Kit, the CreeBar, and the MCPET as you stated. The lens is opaque. You can screw the CreeBar onto a threaded tripod. There 3 holes on the side to choose from.

thegeek

Enlightened
You need to buy the CreeBar Kit, the CreeBar, and the MCPET as you stated. The lens is opaque. You can screw the CreeBar onto a threaded tripod. There 3 holes on the side to choose from.

Perfect. Thanks for your help!

thegeek

Enlightened
Are there any different lens options available for the CreeBar? The one I received works just fine, but I'm not a fan of the dark lines that it projects due to the texture. Is there something with more of a frosted finish that wouldn't project these artifacts? I am VERY happy with the CreeBar all in all, and hope to buy another one soon. A great product.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen the material you speak of up close, but I'd imagine you could make a diffuser pretty easily.

Also you could go by any home improvement store and look at the different choice they have for overhead fluorescent light diffusers. They usually have some sort of diffractive/spreading quality to them, just have to cut a small strip to suit you.

thegeek

Enlightened
I haven't seen the material you speak of up close, but I'd imagine you could make a diffuser pretty easily.

Also you could go by any home improvement store and look at the different choice they have for overhead fluorescent light diffusers. They usually have some sort of diffractive/spreading quality to them, just have to cut a small strip to suit you.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to try that, but I thought I would see if I missed something at the Shoppe first, as I don't have a reliable means of cutting plastic (well, not in straight lines anyway), and it would be nice to get something I KNOW would work.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a uniform diffused white plastic I can offer.

It's not on the shoppe, but, if you add a note I will substitute it.

Also, if you want a specific pattern cutout for the stars as an example that could be done for a small fee so that it fits your configuration.

When I get a chance I'll try and get it online.

Wayne

thegeek

Enlightened
I have a uniform diffused white plastic I can offer.

It's not on the shoppe, but, if you add a note I will substitute it.

Also, if you want a specific pattern cutout for the stars as an example that could be done for a small fee so that it fits your configuration.

When I get a chance I'll try and get it online.

Wayne

Could I purchase the lens by itself for the CreeBar that I currently have? Is there any disadvantage to the uniform diffused lens? I'm not seeing the CreeBar in the store anymore, are they still being stocked?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Thanks for help.