Question for SF true Story winners

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SF contacts you and says they are interested in your story, does that mean you may have won?

I filled out a true story. Long story short, it was for the M6. I was shooting a documentary follow-up on a guy who, my friend interviewed last april at a Transformers convention, called Botcon, I was his Production assistant. anyway im shooting video in this guy's collection of 4k+ transformer toys and collectibles but the dropped ceiling lighting wasnt adequate in some areas. So i had to bounce the M6 MN21 light off the ceiling to get a decent shot.

All my other SF (L6, L5, G2Z) were too focused and cause to much contrast. so either the hotspot would be visible and not the spill, or I can dial down the gain or up the exposure to get the spill, but the hotspot would blow out to complete white and anything there is lost.

Anyway they are interested in my story and want to see the video I shot. so here's crossing my fingers that i win haha.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was another guy on here who had his true story posted by SF not too long ago... if you dig around here you might get some details on how his story was posted.

I believe he won something as well.:twothumbs

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
There was another guy on here who had his true story posted by SF not too long ago... if you dig around here you might get some details on how his story was posted.

I believe he won something as well.:twothumbs

That would be me! :D I posted my story about my E2DL.

I found out that I won through an e-mail the title was "And the SureFire winner is....." At first I thought it was spam and almost deleted it til I saw one of my favorite words in the title. I immediately clicked it and the e-mail basically said I won the true stories contest and they would like to feature my story on their site and how I could claim my gift certificate. A lot of the stores I've seen on their website don't seem to be listed in their monthly winners section. For instance I was the first person with the E2DL true story listed on their site. I realized that recently another person posted an E2DL story and it made it to their site but that guy was never listed as a Monthly Winner. I think SureFire may ask permission for True Story submitters to allow them to post their stories on their site without actually having to be a winner. Those are just my 2 cents. (I am too lazy to find my thread where I wrote about winning but if you go to the SureFire website under E2DL I am the guy from the Bronx, New York.)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My story was posted, "Great Bait for Fishermen" but I did not win. When you submit your story you surrender all rights to Surefire for their use. Its one of those agree to terms boxes you have to check before submission.

kelmo

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My story was posted, "Great Bait for Fishermen" but I did not win. When you submit your story you surrender all rights to Surefire for their use. Its one of those agree to terms boxes you have to check before submission.

kelmo

So did surefire contact you to tell you that they were interested in your story?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, when you agree to their terms they have artistic lisence to edit and use your story. Mine was altered somewhat to correct grammatical errors. I found out my story was used by checking the Surefire website! I contacted them when my story was posted and then found out you had to be selected as a monthly winner to enjoy the $100 prize.

Last edited:

Bruce B

Enlightened
I submitted my story and it was listed under People Say The Nicest Things,

My story is titled "Selling Seller's Spouse"... I have yet to win, but hope I do...

-Bruce