Handy 123 Lithium Battery Tube

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Found this tube with metal screw-on end caps, holds five 123s with just enough room to insert two foam rubber shock absorbers (or crumpled Kleenex or whatever) in the ends. Don't know the brand, there are absolutely no markings on the tube or caps anywhere. Just seemed a little more reliable and easy to use than the plastic press-on end cap versions I've seen:

123-holder.jpg

Got it from work, will try to find out where we order them from.

FNG

Enlightened
Do they have one that carries two at a time? I dont wanna carry 4 or 5 because when you use 2 up, its gonna be moving around a lot.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Good point, but we only "carry" this particular length -- it is actually used (in our applications anyway) for in-field recovery/disposal of sharps (syringes, etc.)...

FNG

Enlightened
Thanks Quickbeam. Thats really cheap. Ive got a ****s Sporting Goods 4 minutes from me. Ill check it out. would it be in camping section? Or Fishing?

FNG

Enlightened
I just picked that up from ****s and like it a lot. Low cost too and also water tight.

Off-Topic: Can anyone tell me what the flint is for on the bottom? Do you use it with the firestarter? Also, how do you use the firestarter? Looks cool for $6.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to me one of these could be cut in half and with the addition of some suitable plug material and epoxy, you'd have a pair of 2 - battery holders.. Cool !
grin.gif

joker354

Newly Enlightened
Quickbeam,

That's what I use to carry my spare 123s and a few "strike anywhere" matches. I was thinking of getting another one to put my spare SF lamps in.

Eric.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yop. Still did not find the maker though, but i would imagine a "sharps disposal" mfr. would have these. Probably for pennies each.

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
I took the plastic tube that 10 pack Tylenols come in and after a little work with my wave and dremel, I had a tube that will hold 3 123's for my SF 9P. You can get 2 123's in a tube, but you have to cut a small hole in the top to get it to work. Someone suggetsted a second E2 as a spare and I couldn't resist
grin.gif
Gadgetman

DonL

Enlightened
I was rummaging around the toolroom at work, and realized that the plastic tubes that certain sized milling machine bits come in would make great 123 carriers. I'm not certain what size or specific type would give the best results, but it's an option.

Here's another option from the McMaster-Carr catalog, plastic shipping sleeves with end caps:

http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/108/html/1350.html

Also, some cigars come in tubes that could be used, given the correct dimensions. I'm not a cigar guy, so the brand and type is up to others to decide.
smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have a Ripoffs holster (no number) that is very compact yet holds my ASP Taclite/TACM III, the Inova X5 and three 123's in a paper + tape reuseable holder I made. The whole kit, including holster weighs about 8oz.

I've also found that 2 123's fit neatly end to end in the bottom of my cellphone holster (Another Ripoffs)

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

How about cutting the tube to 2 DL123 length and capping one end. You only need one end to unscrew to use it right? Maybe that will work?

FNG

Enlightened
Hey Surefire M6, thats what exactly what Slick suggested.
smile.gif