Oh,no....another newbie question!

PsychRN

Newly Enlightened
Why would an LED flashlight gradually die?

About 2 months ago, I bought a Romisen Q5 RC-F4 from ShiningBeam....loaded it w/ fresh Titaniums....was the brightest small light in my tiny arsenal.Used it several times (3-4 min. each time) then when I really needed it,used it about 15 min. before it suddenly went out.Changed batteries; worked fine for 10 min. and went out.Loaded it w/ rechargeables; worked 5 min. and went out.Now, no matter what I load it with, it will not come on.

And since ShiningBeam has a 30-day warranty....:sigh:

Not sure if Romisen has a warranty?

Reasonably sure this AIN'T something that can be fixed by a rookie,and glad it was only $24 delivered, but I've never had total failure from an LED light before....:thinking:

Your input,please?

Thanx!

PsychRN

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The driver might have died, or you might have really bad contact points on the light.

First try cleaning all the contacts.

PsychRN

Newly Enlightened
Thanx, Gunner12.

Romisen has no warranty.

Brian @ Shining Beam said it sounded like circuit board failure; has only had one other failure in this model.

He offered to sell me another one for a few $$ off + free shipping,so I'm gonna try again.

----PsychRN :devil:

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should get a light that uses P60 drop-ins I have the RC-M4 and love it, I've got several different power drop-ins from direct drive ultrabrights, multimode Q5, single mode R2 and a UV light. So I'd say instead of getting another one just spend a couple bucks more and get the RC-M4.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
is the dome on the led still intact, sometimes they fall off (usually some force is required) the led will quickly deteriorate if the dome is gone