Raidfire Spear P7

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something very appealing about the Raidfire. I'd be proud to carry it, but for all it's looks it's not big enough of a jump in performance.

How about a P7 in this baby? Can't seem to engage my PayPal without some more meat.

Anyone else in? :popcorn:

abuhannibal

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking the same thing... have on order an EDC-P7 from Elektrolumens but if someone can whip me up a multi-mode Raidfire as well I would give it very serious thought!

gilly

Enlightened
Love my Spear - a damn well-built light! With a P7 in it............oh my, that's an idea!:thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
A P7 Spear would have less throw, much less, but more lumens in a floodier beam pattern.

Here is a P7 in my DBS with a OP reflector:

Here is the DBS with a Cree R2 WH:

Patriot

Flashaholic
The P7 in the Spear would give it a beam like a supercharged Surefire L4 and would lose it's character as a throw monster. I suppose that's ok though since the Spear would probably make a good platform for the P7 and provide good heat sinking.

rolling

Enlightened
I put a P7 with 2.8amp driver in my Tiablo A9. It lost some of its throw but has massiv flood. I would thing you get the same result with the Spear.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
A P7 Spear would have less throw, much less, but more lumens in a floodier beam pattern.

Here is a P7 in my DBS with a OP reflector:

Here is the DBS with a Cree R2 WH:

WadeF,

Do you have the same picture with the Cree R2 WH and OP reflector, or is that with the OP?

Thanks

looman

Enlightened
You would probably wish to use OP in a P7 mod as this will help smooth things out as it switches from being a throw to being a flood.

That is a big old emitter and mine has a very slight doughnut as a result. Cracker though for all of that.

I am currenly looking for a 2nd T8 Q5 head so I can swap between fantastic flood and throw.

Last edited:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not go for an MC-E? That way, you don't have to mod the reflector to get it to fit.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will fit but you'll get even worse beam than with P7. Worse - very noticeable donut hole. XR-E and MC-E reflectors are not swappable.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
WadeF,

Do you have the same picture with the Cree R2 WH and OP reflector, or is that with the OP?

Thanks

That was the P7 with OP (Don't have a smooth to fit the P7), and the Cree with a smooth. I can try and do the Cree with a OP, but it's still going to throw more.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm convinced. I'm going to get one as is! Thx...

Last edited: