help me choose between Dereelight C2H & Fenix P3D

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, been lurking for some time and when Hurricane Ike hit, my flashlight bug started up. I currently have a Surefire 6P and a couple cheap led lights.

The SF output /runtime is nothing since it's not led.
So I am trying to decide between something using 123s,
with as much output as possible while being somewhat small. Already jumped from a nitecore ex10, to a P3D,
now the Dereelight c2h is out but have no idea on runtimes or output.

I like the fenix, but seems long for edc, the c2h looks to be better for edc and has a clip,gitd tail. But have no idea on lumens or runtime. Yeah, I know , buy both, which I see is why so many ppl have multiple lights.
From the looks of it I would have to get both to be happy about the choice, but for now,which one would you pick and why?

Keep in mind I want max lumens over size, but not looking at anything longer than the P3D. If the c2h is nearly as bright then I choose it. (actually like the look of the Dereelight over the P3D) :confused:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm a big fan of the P3D. It's a solid light with a great reputation. The modes are nice although I'm not a fan of the SOS mode. I'd be happy if Fenix got rid of it but that's my only complaint with it.

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
so can anyone guesstimate the lumen output based on the given specs? I want to order asap, does anyone know ship times for dereelight or know any CPF discounts to help me decide soon b4 I go nuts comparing these things? I know i can use cpf8 for the fenix. Thanks

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you dont mind getting a little bit less output and runtime get the PD20/p2d, it is small and very bright. I dont think the dereelight is brighter than the fenix.

king2penn

Enlightened
If you dont mind getting a little bit less output and runtime get the PD20/p2d, it is small and very bright. I dont think the dereelight is brighter than the fenix.

Not exactly, the dereelight C2H throws much further than the fenix P3D as its made as a thrower. Im quite happy with my P2D though, and i guess the P3D(rated 35 lumens more than the P2D) will work quite well as ur general EDC.

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I have a P3D on my duty-belt and I am very satisfied with it. Brightness is great for such a small light and it was reliable all the nights I used it so far.

If you think, that the P3D would be too long, think about a P2D or even better about the new PD20. The PD20 and PD30 are "optimized" (at least in some peoples opinion) editions of the old P2D and P3D.

I am very satisfied with my P3D and have a PD30 on the way (as soon as they arrive at 4sevens).

Bye,

Stephan

SYKO

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly, the dereelight C2H throws much further than the fenix P3D as its made as a thrower. Im quite happy with my P2D though, and i guess the P3D(rated 35 lumens more than the P2D) will work quite well as ur general EDC.

hmm, didn't know the C2H was more of a thrower.The P3D seems long for edc in pocket. I dont plan on belt carry .. so it makes the C2H more convenient. Add to
that the clip and gitd rear.

What I like on the P3D is the levels and strobe,the sos I
dont care about. Does any1 pocket carry the fenix?
Any side by side of the 2? Why did I start reading CPF again? Im broke enuff as is.
How long did it take to receive the C2H?
Sorry for all the questions but I've read so much lately that I will either go nuts, or go broke...........er, lol.

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi Syko,

as I told you: If the P3D (or the PD30) is too long for you, think about the PD20 or the P2D. These are the single cell 123 - flashlights out of the P-line of Fenix.

I think they are good for EDC (especially the P2D). I don't own one, but one of my friends has one for EDC and he is very satisfied with it. He told me, that he carries it in his jeans pocket - so I thik, no need for the holster!

Bye,

Stephan

The Sun

Enlightened
so can anyone guesstimate the lumen output based on the given specs? I want to order asap, does anyone know ship times for dereelight or know any CPF discounts to help me decide soon b4 I go nuts comparing these things? I know i can use cpf8 for the fenix. Thanks

check out this link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/210598

the C2H throws further and is measured as 208lm's out the front on high with AW RCR as per wbp and his light sphere on the marketplace, link here: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=183843&page=5

both are very nice, well built lights, but if you want an impressive pocket rocket go for the C2H...hope that helps

in other words just buy them both!!!:welcome:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P3D makes a great emergancy light. With two fresh CR123's you can get a lot of run time on low, and it can put out a lot of light on high and turbo. You also have SOS and strobe just incase you'd ever need that.

The C2H is made to be a little pocket rocket. It also has low modes that will run for a long time, but the max (burst) mode will have limited run time. It allows you to put out a lot of light, with good throw, in a very small package.

It is primarily desiged to work with R123 3.7v rechargable lithium ion batteries. If you cut the over discharge protection circuit so it will work with CR123's you will have less output with CR123's, but can still use protected R123's is you want max output.

I don't normally EDC a P3D because of the length. I do pocket carry the C2H when I will be going outdoors in the dark. The C2H also has the option to get a Cree Q3 5A which is a nuetral white Cree which has a warmer color temp and renders out doors colors better, and I prefer it indoors as well. It's just slightly less bright when compared to the Q5 WC and R2 WC Cree's avialable for the C2H as well.

glenda17

Enlightened
Keep in mind that the fenix isn't compatible with 3.7V rechargeables. Using a 3.0V rechargeable gives very low run times. I just sold my Fenix fto buy a C2H.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind that the fenix isn't compatible with 3.7V rechargeables. Using a 3.0V rechargeable gives very low run times. I just sold my Fenix fto buy a C2H.

Not true. The P3D can handle 2x3.7v batteries no problem.

Latest posts