Case to hold spare 3x123 cells?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen it somewhere -- I need a case to hold 3x123 cells for surefire 9P.

also 2x17500.

Ideally stacked like in a lite, so the case is round, more like a tube.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks neat -- are the cells are good fit or do they rattle inside? If I got the 4 cell version, I would have to get 3 of them so that I would have 12 or 4 sets of "3".

So a 3-cell version would be better - I presume this is it:

Blue Desert Keep 2 Go Waterproof Case - 28mm x 125mm

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks neat -- are the cells a good fit or do they rattle inside?

Yes, they do rattle a bit. But not really to the point of being annoying. The tubes are not specifically designed to carry CR123 cells snuggly. They can be used for a variety of small items that need to be carried and kept water-tight.

mdocod

Flashaholic
The one at 4sevens looks, ahem, interesting....

Might not want to just bust that thing out in public and proclaim that you are just changing your batteries, some people might believe that you are changing the batteries, but for a much different purpose :)

Eric

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found that the Lighthound tubes are rather big, even when you got 2x18500 in them.

I would like one unit that fits 9x123 cells... or 6x18500.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one at 4sevens looks, ahem, interesting....

Might not want to just bust that thing out in public and proclaim that you are just changing your batteries, some people might believe that you are changing the batteries, but for a much different purpose :)

Eric

:thinking:..:eek:oo:....:eek:.....:sick2:.....:green:!!!

Thank you for that!!..:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
IMO small Pelican case + foam = win!

battcase2.jpg

I made this for a total expense of about $15. If you must have round tubes, I think the CountyComm tubes are a good option, particularly since they're only $1 each. Aside from that, you could pick up some pvc pipe and just make your own in whatever size you need. If you go that route though I wouldn't advise taking it through the airport, or any other LEO searches.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which Pelican case is that? It looks bigger than 1010.

It seems like it's too large and there is still empty space in it after it's filled up.

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
It's a 1030, I have a 1010 and it's roughly 2/3 the size of the 1030. There is some dead space but it depends on what you're looking for. For ultra-compact, best bet will probably be little plastic baggie-type bags. Tubes will have extra space in them too. If you really want a solid way to keep spares, you could always just keep your spares in another light :D

This was just the best way to hold what specific batteries I needed in a single durable package. I could fit more in if I took out the foam, but this way holds them all organized and secure, they won't fall out if I turn it upside down and shake it.

Any hard container is going to have dead space in it, heck even my light has dead space between the primaries and the wall since it's bored for li-ions.

Agent_Jaws

Newly Enlightened
I got the orange foam from a $6 stadium seat from ****'s Sporting goods, it's kinda neoprene like and pretty friendly for carving. I have some other black foam that I got from mcmaster.com for pretty cheap.