Milky Room Sweeper

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Thanks.

I had an old E2E that never got used. Just sat there on the shelf as the standard bulb just hasn't done it for me for quite a long time.
I wanted a light for clearing rooms i.e. I wanted a light to use when going into felons homes and making sure no one else was there when we (my team) conducted a search. The light I wanted needed considerable flood as I did not want to be sweeping the light. If there is a threat present, I need to see it immediately with my peripheral vision. The light did not need to have an extended runtime, as clearing a house is generally done quite quickly. Moving fast, and with a sidearm out, larger lights just were not an option I wanted to entertain.
Enter Milkyspit.
I told Scott what I needed and shipped him my E2E. In a very short amount of time, he produced the perfect light for me… the Milky Room Sweeper.
It runs on a single 17670 battery and is a direct drive P7. He modified the reflector, so there is large spot, and lots and lots of glorious spill. He made a few other modifications in order to make it more reliable if jostled or dropped.
Here it is next to Longman and Shorty for comparison

PA065160.jpg

PA065161.jpg

PA065163.jpg

Just look at that emitter! Estimated 650 lumens out the front!

Here is a beamshot in my office. You can see the spot, but it lights up every corner of the room with the spill. I will try to get some outside beamshots in the next few days. It is absolutely incredible. I had a SF M6, and I think this is putting out more light for longer, and isn't burning up 6 CR123 batteries to do it, and it is so much smaller.

PA065165.jpg

The work Scott did was incredible, and he is an extremely nice guy to talk with and knows his subject matter.
I can definitely see more projects going to Milkyspit. He makes tools we can use.

Hogo.

Last edited:

OceanView

Enlightened
I don't know why, but when I saw those photos with the little faces on the lights, the music from the TV show Cops started running through my mind "Bad boys, bad boys. Watchya gonna do? Watchya gonna do when they come for you?..."

Very nice mod. It's amazing, all the compact packages that different people are putting the P7 into these days. Shhhh, don't say too many negative things about the M6. "They" don't like to hear such talk. :sssh:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott just did a Creemator for me. On one RCR123 the light is incredible. Comparable to my 2 cell E2DL. I love the UI.

If you need custom work / mod's done, Scott is hard to beat.

Bill

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember, I supplied the host, but still, Scott's work is phenominal.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kapak

Newly Enlightened
Sweet light! Makes me want one.

I actually got bondr006 U2by2 for a couple of days now and man that is a cool light. I haven't been able to test it out fully yet, didn't had time to:mad:

But soon I'll receive some more lights and I'll take them to my uncle's house and make neighbors cry:devil:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The officer who works directly accross from my office has been threatening to point her G23 at me. :duck: I hope she mistakes the spots she is seeing with the tritium sights on her duty weapon!:shrug:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
$155 and worth every penny!

That's a sweet price!

Best I could do with my E2E was slap on an LED Q5 conversion head from OpticsHQ. Ended up with a sweet combination of throw and sidespill.... and a mismatched head, in terms of andonizing. I'm sure your Milky-modded E2E would put mine to shame.

I had planned to get a black E2E and a KX2C head for it. But considering the cost of the head alone, I'd be better off getting a black E2E and then having Milky work his magic. (I'm assuming the $155 does not include the cost of an E2E).

Last edited:

coyote223

Newly Enlightened
Well dang, looks like I'm going to be getting another Milky build. That is sweet!

ETA: What kind of run time does it have?

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
ETA: What kind of run time does it have?

Ooh... I can answer THAT! :D A fresh 17670 ought to give roughly 30 minutes runtime... it will begin as bright as 750-800 lumens or so... gradually taper down to 650 or so lumens... and in the final 3-4 minutes drop steadily from there. Remember, the goal with this particular build was that initial brightness even if it came at the cost of gradual dimming over time.

The heatsinking internally is a large brass slug designed as a single piece, pedestal and all (no points of transition where heat could get bottlenecked) that's fit snugly from sides as well as top against the aluminum of the head itself, for optimal thermal transfer. The module is also clipped in place so it's removable for service should it ever need it, but cannot fall out while changing the batteries.