Help me Decide? Host/Battery combo for a Malkoff Triple...

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff 4-6 cell Triple Drop ins just showed available on his site so I ordered one, along with a few M60 and M60L's for my co-workers. However, I can't quite decide how I want to run it...

2 Cell C with Lithium C's - Small, but can't use Alkalines as backup
4 Cell D with LSD NiMH's - Kinda big, but runtime!
5 Cell D with LSD NiMH's - REALLY BIG RUNTIME! Need multiple chargers though.
4 Cell C with LSD NiMH's - Seems like best compromise, but reduced runtime

Anyone know how much runtime 4 C cells gives? (4600mAH LSD)

Any other ideas? Pro's? Con's?

Any help is appreciated, I just hope I can wait long enough to evaluate any input before my internet-shopping goes into overdrive... :)

Thanks!

Dennis.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the current draw (3A on four cells), are alkalines even an option?

You should get about 1.5 hours on those NiMH C's. A little more than that on 2x "C" Li-ions.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will get at best 1.2 hours with 4 C Cells in the 4600mAH range. But it will be a good balance between weight and power. If you run a 4 D cell with those 10000mAH batteries you should have plenty O Power, should run a constant 15 watts power consumption for at least 3 full hours, possibilty 3.5 hours. :D

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a 4d to run my terralux tle 300 and I got use to the size. I like the runtime advantage of the d cell over the c cell.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a 4d to run my terralux tle 300 and I got use to the size. I like the runtime advantage of the d cell over the c cell.

I found that the 3 C cell is a very good size to use underneath a pistol in a tactical mount situation. A 4 C Cell maglight will also work, but the D cell units are too wide to also get a good wrap around grip to the pistol's frame/strong hand. Other than that I still use my 4 D as well.