C2L-HA has different shades on head and tailcap?

mmmkay

Newly Enlightened
Hey is it just me, or does the C2 LED Centurion in natural HA seem to have a darker tail cap and head :\

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Surefire Parts Are Anodized In Batches, It Is Completely Normal To See Slight Variations In Color.

mmmkay

Newly Enlightened
Ah..

Maybe I just never noticed it during my first week of ownership, because I was only using it when it was dark, and stayed in my pocket the rest of the time :)

dano101

Enlightened
I find that i actually prefer different shades of HA on my surefires. my recent L1 came the same way and as long as i get 2 complimentary shades of HA (like 2 almost green instead of 1 green one tan) im quite a happy camper.

I think it just adds a bit of distinction to a mass produced light... and kind of reminds you that they are built for military purposes where slight colour variations are not extremely important (like new doors with a slight different tint put on a humvee).

Just my $.002

Dano

mmmkay

Newly Enlightened
I find that i actually prefer different shades of HA on my surefires. my recent L1 came the same way and as long as i get 2 complimentary shades of HA (like 2 almost green instead of 1 green one tan) im quite a happy camper.

I think it just adds a bit of distinction to a mass produced light... and kind of reminds you that they are built for military purposes where slight colour variations are not extremely important (like new doors with a slight different tint put on a humvee).

Just my $.002

Dano

Ya, not really a biggie for me, it actually looks kinda neat with a darker tailcap and head.

Already have a few scratches on the edge of the head :p